• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

clean bottoms...

AngelAnn

Young Bun
A huge thank you to everyone for advising me. I will try easing off on their pellets I give them a few too many I think after reading comments from people. I do have a slight problem though as people have kindly suggested more hay less pellets only my rabbits will not eat hay. Only Super Excel grass is this as high in fibre as hay?

Not sure without looking on the packet! Two of mine aren't great hay eaters but they have unlimited Redigrass as well as unlimited hay (various kinds) and Excel Forage. Let's put it like this, they get a tiny amount of pellets compared to their weight so if they're hungry enough, they'll eat hay!! Sometimes it's a case of being cruel to be kind.........if only I were as kind to myself (as she tucks into another shortbread biscuit) lol!!!

I've tried leaving hay in the cage and not giving them pellets until they start eating the hay, unfortunately it went on for days and I wasn't budging with it. Neither were the bunnies they started eating their own litter pellets and it still did not work. They are stubborn. I gave in at that point as i couldn't stand it any longer.

Back