• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

No more rain issues

Jennie Wright

Warren Scout
If this has worked, not very technical, this should show a pic of what my husband has built to keep my little ones dry. Has removable sides and front for when its really bad. 100% dry yesterday considering what the weather was like!

If the pic doesn't show, can someone tell me what I have done wrong please?

RabbitdeckingRF.jpg

Thats great!
Its just what I have trying to get my other half to put outside our back door.
Will show him and see if I can persuede him!

OMG what a brilliant idea! A carport for bunnies :D

Are they Happy Hutches underneath? Can I ask if they come with the doors in the side of the run as standard?

Wow that looks great, for buns and you! Are the removable front and sides the same as the roof?

It must be great to have a DIY expert!

PS so tidy!

Hi

I'm so pleased!!! Sides and front are a soft waterproof fabric for very rainy days but saying that nothing got in yesterday and it was howling out there.

They are happy hutchs, 6x2x4 runs underneath that have been extended so the runs are 6x2x6 now. Doors are at the front only. Two on one and 1 on the other.

Happy dry rabbits. Great!!

Wow thats ace! Lucky buns. My poor buns sat in the wet yesterday despite my my attempts with tarp and clamps.

For anyone using tarpaulin to keep the rain off...you can secure them to wire mesh using elasticated luggage hooks (I got some from Wilkos for a couple of quid)

The water runs into an internal gutter that we put up after the pic was taken. It then runs down a down pipe into the grass next to the decking so all sorted.

Jennie

oooh that's fabulous - well done to your man! :p I didn't realise the big hh hutches had runs with doors on either - I wonder if that's standard? :shock:

Hi

They don't but because I have extended when I ordered I asked for doors to be added to the front. The normal size doesn't have doors on but the front section is a customised add on that I asked for. As hubby said, the rabbits are pretty spoilt but why ever not ah!!!

Back