• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Tooth Problems . (help)

Lamb.X

New Kit
:) Hey,

I wondered if anyone could help me..

My rabbit truffle used to bite the cage (metal cage) but recently he has stopped.

I noticed he had problems getting food out of his dish, from my hand & from the floor of his cage. I held food up in the air so he would jump up to get it, and i think i saw a bottom tooth at the front on my Left broken in half (half the size of the other one)

I am waiting for a appointment at the vets, is there anything i can do in the meantime??

Laura xxx

:) Hey,

I wondered if anyone could help me..

My rabbit truffle used to bite the cage (metal cage) but recently he has stopped.

I noticed he had problems getting food out of his dish, from my hand & from the floor of his cage. I held food up in the air so he would jump up to get it, and i think i saw a bottom tooth at the front on my Left broken in half (half the size of the other one)

I am waiting for a appointment at the vets, is there anything i can do in the meantime??

Laura xxx

Hello :)

You need to insure he continues to eat enough to keep his tummy ticking over. This may mean softening his pellet feed with water and feeding his veg grated. The sooner he sees a Vet the better as if his incisor is fractured below the gum it will be a hot-spot for infection. Also, as a Rabbits teeth grow quickly he may well develop problems with his molar (back) teeth if he cant eat hay due to the Incisor problem.

Good luck

Janex :)

Back