• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Wish me luck! Bonding Today! Bit of advice needed *UPDATE - SUCCESS*

BeckyLH

Banned
I'm having a go bonding Lene and Bee today, and am slightly nervous to say the least. Lene's quite a nervous bun and Bee's the opposite but much smaller than her. Then again, after the initially horrendous experience I had with Martha and Walt there must be hope! Any experience with a nervous/confident pair before?

Just a bit of advice needed, I've got an old 4ft x 2ft indoor hutch with a top opening that I was going to use, the bathroom was a bit of a disaster last time. Will this be big enough?

x x

Last edited:
good luck :wave:

I have never done a bonding but the smaller the area the better so I am told

Woodlouse bonded my 3 in a pen which was pretty small - don't know the exact measurements :)

I use an indoor ferplast cage for bonding pairs because I find more problems kick off in larger area's where there is room for chasing and territory dividing.

I use an indoor ferplast cage for bonding pairs because I find more problems kick off in larger area's where there is room for chasing and territory dividing.

That was the problem I had last time, then I threw them in the cage and they were fine, lol.

Well...so far so good. I decided to go with Sooz's advice and use the indoor cage, and they seem to be ok. There's been a little bit of chasing and thumping from both of them but they're pretty much going about their own business, feeding out of the same dish and not worrying too much about each other. Lene was cleaning herself and Bee put his head there as if he wanted to be groomed and Lene's put her head down infront of him a couple of times.

Is this good? To me it's heaven compared to last time, lol!

x x x

Sounds great. :)

I just keep a carrier, a water spray and a pair of gloves next to the cage incase they scrap....usually a quick spritz is enough but sometimes they have a 'time out' in the carrier for 20 minutes if it gets a bit full on.

Yeah, I've got my trainers and a water bottle next to the cage at the moment. The only thing is, I've got to go out for about 40 minutes later on to take my mum to the doctors, she's only just asked me, should I put them back? I don't want to stop the progress but I don't want to come back to find them hurt!

x x

Yeah, I've got my trainers and a water bottle next to the cage at the moment. The only thing is, I've got to go out for about 40 minutes later on to take my mum to the doctors, she's only just asked me, should I put them back? I don't want to stop the progress but I don't want to come back to find them hurt!

x x

Put them in a carrier and take them with you ;)

Well, it worked! Yay! 2 out of 2! Bee is particularly smitten with Lene and keeps snuggling up to her, bless 'em! :D :D :D

that is absolutly fantastic news :D :D :D

this is the first chance ive had to log on since lunch time so only just seen that today was the big day ....

im chuffed to bits that it was so easy for you....well done ;)

Back