• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Marking MY territory!

Mickles

New Kit
Hey guys!

My rabbit's recently reached adulthood (noticeable by the sprayed urine everywhere and the midnight mountings my elbow receives) and I shall have him neutered as soon as possible. In the meantime, though, I'd like to know if there's anything I can do to control where/how much he sprays? Also, since he's reached puberty (and grown), he manages to jump on my bed. Problem with this is that he sprays all over my bed, even if I put a litter box on the bed. I've tried putting him on the floor every time he jumps on but after an hours training session it seems futile. So, is there some way I can mark MY territory?

Thanks for your time :)

Short answer no!

that I know of there is not alot you can do other than the neuter. If you vingear the areas he has sprayed in he'll only do it again.

Those plumbs simply need to be removed ... at the end of the day all he is telling you is that he loves you ;)

:) know how you feel. we had shauny done blimey 4 months ago now, and its taken black bin bags on the mattress (when it was really bad we were sleepin with them in the duvet cover:), bun cam so we can watch him when wr not in the room- and this is all after we had had him done!. hes only doing it now every so often, the vet thinks cause we left him a while b4 we had him done (i lost merlin to the op so was terrified bout shauny bein done) hes formed a ''habbit'' of doing it:shock:.

agree with everyone else it should settle down after his op.
x

get him done asap..otherwise they can form a habit from it....but after a few weeks of being deplummed he wont want to prove he loves you in the same ways..touch wood!!

my mums bunny has just strated weeing little spots aorund her fave area near her cage..my mums carpet has teeny circles everywhere....and shes digging her litter tray out everywhere peeing a pooping in her empty tray as well as her hay pile in the cage....
mm im ringing the vets first thing for me mum to sort out a spay before the doe agrression appears:shock::lol:

seriously get him deplummed asap..youll be surprised it actually helps.

Back