• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Some People

WalnutEarth626

Alpha Buck
I had a woman ring me up to ask about German lops, she wants to have a pair of does living together because she heard that works. I mentioned that a buck and doe would work too as long as both were neutered 'oh I don't want to spay/neuter them, thats why i want 2 girls, the operations are too expensive :shock:'. I then pointed out that 2 unspayed does might live together as babies, but when hormones kick in they could very well rip each other to shreds. I pointed out that a spay only costs £60 and would prevent them getting uterine cancer. She did conceed at that point that £60 wasn't really that expensive.

I suggested that she may perhaps want to consider going to a rescue, where she could get a ready bonded pair of girls, already spayed and vaccinated, for alot cheaper than paying for everything herself. 'but I want baby bunnies....' :roll: i did point out that some rescues have baby bunnies as they rescue does that come in pregnant. She was quite surprised by that and did say it may be worth looking into then.

Shes going to pop round in a few weeks to see the size of my rabbits and see their temprements etc, I've told her I won't have any babies ready for rehoming until at least September and she's happy to wait - so at least shes not likely to rush down to P@H.

She did say i'd given her lots to think about, at least I have 3 months to educate her before I consider rehoming any bunnies to her!!

That's quite positive if she is going to think about what to do.

To be honest, I didn't know any more about keeping rabbits when I first wanted to get one. When searching the internet you do get all sorts of contradictory advice so you're help to her will be invaluable :)

*heavy sigh*

although I agree that it can be hard to find good advice - I read several books but getting my first rabbit but somehow didnt see anything on the importance of hay, or the value of spaying :(

Back