• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

vet bed in hutch

tickles

Mama Doe
We was thinking of having vet bed in our outside hutches in stead of straw woodshavings etc etc.Would this actually work well or not.
Is vetbed/profleece suitable for outdoor?
If not what else could i use.

Lots of people use vetbed, as do I.

My bunnies rip it up so I secure it with a staple gun in each corner - and then when I need to wash I remove staples, and then resecure again once washed and dried.

I use it, sort of...the most of the hutch floor is rubber matting then i have a big box lined with vetbed for snuggling in.

I used to put in really deep straw in winter but not only did it blow everywhere and was awkward to clean out, poppy used to get frustrated trying to wade through it when it was halfway up to he head :shock:

I have it in mine, I use the non-slip stuff so that it doesn't slide around and the corners all stay down so are less likely to get chewed. You could use velcro though, glue one side to the hutch bottom and sew or stick the other to the bottom of the vetbed, the stuff I used to have didn't fit the hutch perfectly so offered some tempting corners to chew :lol:

I love vet bed. :D I use it in the outdoor shed conversions as it's much more cost effective for me than wood shavings. Just have to whip it out and chuck it in the washing machine, it's brill. Using it has halved the amount of bunny waste I have to get rid of, so can't see me changing back now.:D

thanks guys i have now ordered a 5m by 1.6m roll of antislip vetbed and i cant wait to see what it will look like and have no more straw hay etc in hutches or blowing over garden yepiiieeee:D

thanks guys i have now ordered a 5m by 1.6m roll of antislip vetbed and i cant wait to see what it will look like and have no more straw hay etc in hutches or blowing over garden yepiiieeee:D

The bunnies still need loads of hay to munch on though :D What colour vet bed did you order?? :D X

green with paw prints lol.Yep they will get plenty of hay and bunny delight they love that from pampered piggies.

Wow what a great idea :D

So how often do vet beds usually need washing?

It depends if they pee on them or not :lol:, I take mine out and give it a brush, if it hasn't been soiled and looks clean then I don't bother washing it. I don't give them fruit and veg in the hutch so nothing gets on it other than their paws and it doesn't get wet.

Mine sometimes pee on it so I put food bowls in the two corners that they would pee in if they could, they are so fussy, if the litter trays aren't changed every day then they are deemed unworthy of peeing and pooping in :roll:

Back