• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

House Bunny Housing

Becca6

Mama Doe
Following on from the thread about people who have loads of bunnies and where they live, I thought we should have one for people who have less bunnies - I don't think I have enough bunnies to post on the other thread. I'd love to see other people's set-ups to give me some ideas to add to what Bella and Tarquin have. They're in their cage at night and during the day and have an hour out in the morning before work and then free range for 6-7 hours in the evening and about 15 hours a day over the weekend.

This is Bell and T's home, which is two cages and a pen all leading into each other (there is a net permanently over the pen bit as Bell jumps out otherwise):

Our-New-Home---240208.jpg

Exploring---240208.jpg

:D

Well I'm not going to post a pic but Billy has a 3ft dog crate and no pen cos he has freedom of the whole house for the time I'm up till the time I go to bed.....he also goes in a run in the garden.

I'll do mine later Becca, Three of mine are in temp indoor accomodation due to the garden and two are in boarding but Mack & Lex's is as it always is (apart from slightly trashed during the night).

Well mines really boring but thought i would show you anyway!

pics238.jpg

This is where my 2 sleep, eat & poo :lol: Other than that they can run around the whole flat when we are here (Lolly cannot be trusted on her own for even 1 second she destroys everything so they can only be out when we are here)

ETA meant to say that we had to get some garden mesh to put over the top as Lolly can easily jump out of it :roll:

pics238.jpg

This is where my 2 sleep, eat & poo :lol: Other than that they can run around the whole flat when we are here (Lolly cannot be trusted on her own for even 1 second she destroys everything so they can only be out when we are here)

ETA meant to say that we had to get some garden mesh to put over the top as Lolly can easily jump out of it :roll:

I have that happy bunnies sign!!! It's on Princess and Chances hutch indoors!

pics238.jpg

Lolly sounds like Bella :lol: Before I put netting on one day I got home from my mum and dad's and found Bell having a wonderful time :shock: with poor little T sitting the other side wondering where she'd gone. Mine have to be confined when I'm out too or I don't like to think what I'd come home to :roll: :lol: :lol:

I have that happy bunnies sign!!! It's on Princess and Chances hutch indoors!

I love that sign - where did you get it from - I want one :D

my buns accomidation

rabbitroommakeover008.jpg

rabbitroommakeover009.jpg

rabbitroommakeover010.jpg

they do get to roam the landing and sometimes the bathroom during the day too :) but most of the time they are in their room (7ft x 7 1/2ft)

P5060010.jpg

P1010003-4.jpg

ive posted mine that many times im sure people are bored of it :oops:.... incase anyone plans judging my set up in the house or the lack of outside play :roll: my two live in a 3.5x7 foot cage in the front room when we arent about to let them out (passed a house check too :p).. they get a minimum of 10 hours out time each day. sometimes more depends on when ste goes to bed in the early hours and most of it is spent lounging under the sofa which is smaller than their cage :roll::lol::lol:

and yup theyll need regular claw clippings because outside isnt a place they rush to get too :(

ive been loving the other threads pics :D but as much as i hate to admit it ill never have more than two at a time.. i like them out full time so id never be able to cope with rotating my time with different groups :cry:

dont tell ste tho he thinks im gonna fill my house with bunnies one day and i quite like his fear :D

This is Maddie's cage;

002.jpg

Wish I could have it bigger, mum thought this was quite big enough. :lol:

And before mum made me get her a cage :)rolleyes:) she had free reign of my room, and just had this as a little base;

100_0225.jpg

:)

ive been loving the other threads pics :D but as much as i hate to admit it ill never have more than two at a time.. i like them out full time so id never be able to cope with rotating my time with different groups :cry:

I'm the same. Much as I love the idea of more bunnies, it was quite difficult when I had to rotate Bell and T's free range time before they were bonded. It worked OK but I constantly worried about it and hated that one had to be in their cage while the other was out - and I like to be round them so though I could have a pair upstairs and a pair downstairs, I'd be missing out on one pair watching them get up to mischief. So I'll be sticking with one pair for now. Of course that's not to say in the future I might not end up with a bonded threesome/foursome :lol: though with the trouble I had bonding Bell and T I wouldn't think about it with them. They're happy as they are.

Alvin and Pearl always look so happy :D

but as much as i hate to admit it ill never have more than two at a time.. i like them out full time so id never be able to cope with rotating my time with different groups :cry:

Yes I feel like that too. Right now my girls aren't bonded and I hate it, I feel guilty when I'm spending time with one and not the other. :oops: Thankfully they are getting better with each other and I think they will bond eventually. I have had three at a time, Berri, Pebble and Ebony were a bonded trio and that worked really well. I think I would have more than two, only if they were bonded, but don't think I'd want to go beyond four even then. :)

:lol: Ive only four but posted on the other thread, I will just copy what I posted :)

Trip and Scarlett have a 6ft happyhutch

DSC01381.jpg

I think this is fine for them at the moment, the run is big enough for them to have a proper jump around and they get out free range in the garden every other day and on the days they dont play in the garden they play in the house. I think im gonna keep this hutch for them when I move because im never going to have a massive garden and they are out quite a lot anyways :D

This is Buu's old set up

DSC01368.jpg

DSC03514.jpg

I dont have the happyhutch anymore but I still have the run which Buu and Beau alternate playing in each day while im at work.

Beau was free range in our living room

DSC00355.jpg

He just had a bit of vetbed to sleep on, a litter tray and a cardboard box behind the sofa to hide in if he wanted too :) And there was loads of bunny toys thrown all over the room :lol:

They are both outside in a 6ft hutch each now

DSC07997.jpg

They are shut away at night but spend all day either in the house or in the run, and play together supervised most days.

Im looking for somewhere with two bedrooms so Beau can come inside when I move out and have his own little room. I would love to get Buu a shed or playhouse and somehow attach her run to it but that will depend on the size of the place I move too so I dont know if its going to happen yet, its gotten to the point where I am going to take anything as long as it has a secure garden now :shock:

I will definetly be keeping my Ryedale hutch because I love it so much! If I dont get a shed or playhouse Buu will have both levels of this hutch and we will build a run onto the front of it :)

I've posted these many times before so lots of people will have aleady seen them.

I brought my buns in a couple of weeks before bonfire night and they ended up living in the 'rabbit room' for about 18 months :lol:

I locked them in the crate when I went to bed but each morning opened it up and they had additional room space of approx 4x3 feet.

100_1018.jpg

100_1020.jpg

As well as occasional play on the landing

Oxoshopping.jpg

They are all outdoor now in sheds or the playhouse or the huge 6ft Happy Hutch and run. The pigs (x4) and the kits (x2) now reside in the 'rabbit room'

Rabswood

Back