• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Whats wrong with him? Possibly Ill

Bun Bun

Warren Scout
Bub isn't himself last night when we went to close them up Bub was at the en of the run front legs outstretched pushe as far in the corner as possible, hea high and eyes wide. We picke him up and he seeme fine so we put him back.
This morning he seems off his food, he normally rushes over to eat breakfast but this morning he is just sitting in the corner of the hutch, we bought him in and he seems alert, curious an began investigating around, we out him back out an he went and sat straight in the corner.
I'm not sure if there is anything wrong or if he is just being weird?

Sounds to me like it could possibly be the start of GI stasis if he is off his food. If you can't tempt him to eat with his favourite foods, I would probably take him to the vets, just to get him checked out.

The only other thing I can think of is that he could have had a bad fright. I know that my two go very strange if a cat is sitting in the garden, they just do not settle until I chase it away.

Lots of vibes

FC xx

Sitting in the sort of posture you describe is often indicative of tummy pain, the bun is sitting trying to get comfortable. If he is off his food as well it sounds as if he has maybe got bloat which is leading to stasis. I would say he needs to see a vet today - in the meantime get him indoors and try and get him to move around as much as possible as this will help to disperse any trapped gas. Also if you have any infacol you could try giving a little of this to help with the gas. Potentially this sort of thing can be very serious though so please don't leave him for long without arranging to see a vet.

Well I went out to check on him before phoning the vet an he is now running around the garden munching on a carrot :roll: He appears to be absolutely fine now :D Will keep an eye on him though just in case.

Back