• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

maya has been v.v.v poorly!!

JIMGRACIE

Mama Doe
Last Saturday (17th May) i took Maya out his hutch as usual to clean his eyes, and noticed the poor fella was just shuffling on his bottom, and not hopping. He refused his breakfast too.
Took him to emergency vets, and saw a wonderful vet that gave him a MOT. Everything seemed normal apart from a spur on his tooth. We decided he was too weak to go under that day, so i spent the weekend tring to syringe feed him. Maya went back on Monday. As he was still trying the vet lightly sedated to look at his teeth and burr them a little. The little dude, came through the sedation and was happy to show two nurses and the vet that he didnt need syringe feeding...he had his head and ears in a bowl of recovery food :roll: lapping it up.
The back leg paresis still baffled us all, but after three days of panacur those ickle legs started working again. He is finishing his course of panacur but i can't believe hes still here.

Maya (17th May)
DSC01269.jpg

May (25 May)
DSC01293.jpg

Last edited:
Jane - thanks for advice. He has 28 more days worth of panacur to be on the safe side.

Hes a very lucky bunny!! and lubberly with it :D

Back