• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

F.A.O Woodlouse

I have a two year old girl with a one and a half year old boy both very chilled out and hoping to bond with a chilled out three year old boy. Got a new shed so toatally netral,

Thanks hun, but I really don't feel qualified to dole out advice! Happy to support tho! x

Well you managed it when i didn't :D

My advice Bunnytod would be that it very much depends on the temperament of the bunnies. I failed because I had two dominant females - your turn Abi :D

Going to have tea now ... will add my two-pennies-worth later! Agree with Julia that it's mostly about personality tho! x

You'll know all this already, I'm sure, from reading threads on here!

1. All bunnies must be neutered/spayed with time for hormone levels to settle before introductions are made.
2. Small, neutral territory for introductions (the pen I use is 1m square).
3. Scatter food over the floor and add huge heap of hay - eating is a social activity :)
4. Allow yourself at least 3 days to be with the bunnies constantly, including overnight as needed. Once they are together, provided there is no serious fighting, do not separate otherwise you're starting from scratch again :(
5. Chasing, fur pulling, humping is all to be expected. They need to sort out their hierarchy! Don't get involved or touch bunnies unless you really have to - only intervene if they are locking onto one another and swirling round on the floor, digging at one another's stomachs. An oven glove might help to protect your hand!
6. Be patient! Bonding a trio is going to take longer than a pair cos there are more combinations to consider and a greater hierarchy to be decided.

I'm sure other people will add to this! x

You're welcome to PM me anytime if you need some advice or just someone to listen to your worries! When are you planning on introducing them?

My tuppenceworth on it all is that bonding a different sexed bunny in with a same sex pair is completely different to adding a bun to a mixed sex pair if that makes sense. The already established bun of the same sex as the new bun sometimes feels threatened by the newcomer, I have especially found this with trying to add a girl to a mixed sex pair. But - if they are all very chilled out buns it could work well :D

Now there's a PROPER expert opinion!! I guess there really is only one way to find out tho ... you'll have to give it a try! x

Back