• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

What Breed, Please.

billysmom

Mama Doe
HI AS MY OTHER PICS SHOW THIS IS ROO, I HAD HIM WHEN HE WAS 1YR OLD, IVE ALWAYS THOUGHT HE WAS A REX, WHAT ARE YOUR THOUGHTS.THANKS.X
roo3.jpg

THINK IM GETTING USED TO PUTTING PICS ON NOW:lol::lol:

Definitly not a rex!

He looks like a cross to me... others will be better to say as to what cross ;)

MMM GOT ME THINKING, ID LOVE TO KNOW WHAT BREED HE IS, ANYONE PLEASSE!! PLUS HES AGROPHOBIC, JUST POPPED HIM OUTSIDE FOR A RUN AND HE DIVED BACK TOWARDS HIS HUTCH IN THE GARAGE, WE PUT HIM IN THERE AS WE HAVE FOXS IN THE NEXT FIELD TO US AND TAKING NO CHANCES.:evil:

Last edited:
Nope. Not rex. Rexes have extra short fur and curled whiskers, like this one:
Sasuke_on_the_trampoline_by_Usagi_Zakura.jpg

(That's my rex buck Sasuke)
I'd say...generic black rabbit. Probably a mix, of what I cannot tell.
Does he have a white paw? That might signalize that there's some Blue Eyed White in his family, it doesn't necessarily tell what breed he is since BEW appears on several breeds... I know of one breed that's specifically BEW but I don't know the English name, in Norway we call it Wiener:
mini-wiener.jpg

(Pic from the NKF's website, Norwegian equivalent to BRC)

Nope. Not rex. Rexes have extra short fur and curled whiskers, like this one:
Sasuke_on_the_trampoline_by_Usagi_Zakura.jpg

(That's my rex buck Sasuke)
I'd say...generic black rabbit. Probably a mix, of what I cannot tell.
Does he have a white paw? That might signalize that there's some Blue Eyed White in his family, it doesn't necessarily tell what breed he is since BEW appears on several breeds... I know of one breed that's specifically BEW but I don't know the English name, in Norway we call it Wiener:
mini-wiener.jpg

(Pic from the NKF's website, Norwegian equivalent to BRC)

HI, YES HE AS ONE WHITE PAW, THE PIC OF YOUR REX IS GORGEOUS

I'd say he looks like a cross too, he is gorgeous, lovely sleek coat, beautiful. There are some knowledgeable peeps on here, so hopefully someone will be able to confirm soon.:D

I'd say he looks like a cross too, he is gorgeous, lovely sleek coat, beautiful. There are some knowledgeable peeps on here, so hopefully someone will be able to confirm soon.:D

HI MAIZY, THANKYOU, I HOPE SO ID LOVE TO KNOW WHAT BREED HE IS..:)

Have you got any more pics of him - he's lovely! Could he be a Beveren? They come in black - Smoky in my sig is a blue/grey one.

IMG_0425.jpg

Does Roo have big ears?
You could look on www.thebrc.org the website for the British Rabbit Council, they have details of breeds.

He looks the same breed as my girls I think - can you believe they are all from the same litter and the golden lop is their mum? He's a mix in my opinion - very lovely bunny too :)

He looks the same breed as my girls I think - can you believe they are all from the same litter and the golden lop is their mum? He's a mix in my opinion - very lovely bunny too :)

:) THANKYOU ELVE, I DO THINK HE LOOKS LIKE YOUR BUN LOOKING AT THE BUN IN THE RIGHT HAND CORNER.

Back