• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Can anyone help me

kelly-joy

Alpha Buck
Hi as you know I have Bella now Mopsey from lou I went to the rescue and got 2 angora cross girls to be her friends but sadly they attacked her and made her little ear bleed so I had to take them back:cry:.
I got a baby french lop female to try with her and Mopsey seems to really like her she is humping her etc which I don't let her do too much of. The baby french lop that is much bigger than her is just laying there letting her do anything to her and is not doing much else put laying there is that a good sign or not:?:?:??

I think that is ok Kelly-Joy, as long as there isn't a huge size difference between them, then one of them could get hurt? If the French Lop is just letting the other bun hump her then I think that just means the French Lop is more dominant? Not quite sure which name goes with which bun :oops:
Hopefully someone with more know-how will be able to help. Sorry

Did you try to attempt bonding on neutral territory, somewhere new to both buns?

I believe the humping is just sorting out who is boss bunny. Providing the one on the bottom is OK this is normal.

Rabswood

One of my bonded pairs have been bonded for ages but now and again my girl will hump the boy!! Just to make sure he knows and remembers his place! It's pretty normal! :lol:

Lisa and crew xx

Yes I did try bonding the first 2 I had on neutral territory but as soon as they saw her they went for her and as they made her poor little ear bleed I wasn't going to risk them hurting her anyone.

This new bunny is lovely though and doesn't seem at all bothered with anything really. I saw them snuggled up a sleep together last night and this morning they were washing eachother so I think things are going well this time round. keep your fingers crossed that they will carry on being great friends :D

Oh I do hope so as I don't think I could go through anothing bonding again so soon.
They are both babies at the moment so when do I have to start watching for signs of them not getting on anymore if that happens? I know they can't be spade until 6 months old. I can't belive I have two girls that haven't been spade I told mysel that I was only going to get 2 spade females as I have lost 2 females from having the op one that died when under and the other that died from an infection afterwards so wish me luck with that too_Oh well going to have to hope that doesn't happen to either of these babies.

Hi Now they are both humping eachother is that a good sign? They seem to both be relaxed about it and both just lay there while the other humps away.
I take some pics so you can see them soon. I need to charge my camera first.
Where I got my french lop from called Flopsey she had really tiny babies and I was in my element watching them play and there little ears hadn't quite flopped so they had sticky up ears they were all so adoreable oh how I wish I had room for more:D

Back