• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I did it

Indiechic

Wise Old Thumper
I insured Marsha with petplan. £50 excess and £8.70 a month. is that good?

Im just worried as I don't want to constantly rely on my card to pay the bills.

Need to speak to them about Bailey tho as he has to have his teeth trimmed regularly.

Mine come out close to the beginning of the month, but i think they take them anytime so it might be an idea to contact them to arrange a day for them to take it x

£8.70 sounds good, it'd be great if it covers the teeth trimming. :wave:

I don';t think it will cover anything to do with his teeth due to it being pre existing :-(

But i have toi ring them bout that

Miss moo sends kisses to Carlton...

(shes excited as her hubby to be is now neutered)

im also with petplan, and thats bout what i pay (little bit less a month but my excess is £60).
i think they are a good company, took less than 2 weeks to pay my emergency (well shaunys) we almost lost him. the vet made the claim for us which came to £460ish. we paid the £60 and the rest they paid. and hes covered for life on the same claim if its an on going problem
x

I don';t think it will cover anything to do with his teeth due to it being pre existing :-(

But i have toi ring them bout that

Miss moo sends kisses to Carlton...

(shes excited as her hubby to be is now neutered)

oh, poo about the teeth!

Carlton sends kisses to little Miss Moo and hopes her future husbun is recovering nicely from his op! He says he's excited too as I've been telling him he can start looking for ladies next month, ooh!

oh, poo about the teeth!

Carlton sends kisses to little Miss Moo and hopes her future husbun is recovering nicely from his op! He says he's excited too as I've been telling him he can start looking for ladies next month, ooh!

oooh how exciting... another house bun eh x

oooh how exciting... another house bun eh x

yes yes, I'd like him to have the company I think, I hate the thought of him being lonely at night when we're asleep and sometimes he's alone when I have naps in the day. I know I spend enough time with him but I know it would be nice for him to have a pretty lady to cuddle up to! :love:

yes yes, I'd like him to have the company I think, I hate the thought of him being lonely at night when we're asleep and sometimes he's alone when I have naps in the day. I know I spend enough time with him but I know it would be nice for him to have a pretty lady to cuddle up to! :love:

I know what you mean, i miss having bnded bunnys, thats why i cannot wait to get moo sorted.

bailey comes everywherein the house with me and nick and doesn't crave rabbit attention but moo does x

I have been told by people on here that it doesnt cover teeth full stop, whether its pre existing or not. Bit of a pain as got the money coming out for insurance & then money going into savings for in case they ever get dental probs :?

I have been told by people on here that it doesnt cover teeth full stop, whether its pre existing or not. Bit of a pain as got the money coming out for insurance & then money going into savings for in case they ever get dental probs :?

when i spoke to them initially, they will cover it as long as its not routine dental work or pre-exising.

for example, baileys front teeth are routing and his molars are pre-exisiting i believe.

Im weighing this up tho and have taken the plunge as when lilly required her treatment it was money i had to put on my card and i took a couple of months to pay it off. The excess i can cope with x

Petplan will cover for teeth. When I had insurance I spoke to them about it and they said they judge each case individually. But they won't cover for anything that pre-existing.

Petplan DO NOT cover for dental treatment. The only way they will cover dentals is if your vet is willing to put the problem down as being something else...i.e blocked tear ducts hence a dental is needed...etc etc. If it is just the usual routine burring of molars and spurs then that is not covered. They are very good at wording their policy to make it sound like they will cover it.

If you are on good terms with your vet you may be able to get around it.

Petplan DO NOT cover for dental treatment. The only way they will cover dentals is if your vet is willing to put the problem down as being something else...i.e blocked tear ducts hence a dental is needed...etc etc. If it is just the usual routine burring of molars and spurs then that is not covered. They are very good at wording their policy to make it sound like they will cover it.

they lied to me on the phone then which would contravene and mean that they would be breaking the law.

they lied to me on the phone then which would contravene and mean that they would be breaking the law.

When I first rang Petplan up they also told me they cover dentals based on each indiviual case but would not guarantee that they would. From my own experience and my rescue's experience they do not pay out for routine dentals. In their policy they word it as 'we will not cover the cost of trimming rabbits teeth'...to me that implies the incisors, but they can also claim it is with regards to the back teeth. The rescue's vet has to put down that there is a different problem resulting from a teeth problem which can only be resolved by a dental....

So basically you have to have a rabbit suffer before they will pay for a dental. I have three rabbits have regular dentals and burring done, they have had no related complications i.e abscesses, tear duct problems etc but Petplan will not pay for their dentals.

If you were told otherwise over the phone you would have to have a recording of the conversation in order to back up what you say. Otherwise it's just your word against theirs. Insurance companies are very crafty :)

I spoke to Petplan about this. They said if a vet deems the treatment necessary then they will cover it.

I spoke to Petplan about this. They said if a vet deems the treatment necessary then they will cover it.

Ok. I have three bunnies who need to have dentals. I have their dentals done as soon as needed i.e when they have spurs etc because if I leave it until they begin to have problems then that means potentially I am making it an even bigger problem i.e abscesses developing etc. I only have dentals done because I was told by my vet they needed to be done. I take them every 6 weeks to be checked and the vet decided if it is needed depending on spurs and the teeth growth. (one of my rabbit has needed to have molars removed because he has a very poor jaw bone).

My rabbits have all been insured with petplan as long as I have had them, had their teeth checked every six months prior to developing problems and petplan STILL won't pay out for them. I'm just giving my own experiences as well as others who have had to try and claim for dentals, i'm not lying about it. :)

Back