• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Meet our new arrival

Hugo's There

Wise Old Thumper
Today we travelled up the M1 to meet Helen (pipstrel) and collect Jake, who needed a home after he failed to bond with her 2 bunnies.

He is a beautiful but tiny mini lop with the cutest face.
He has already made himself at home in his new cage and started munching hay straight away.

We have decided to give him a new name, unfortunately it is Steve's turn to pick his name so he is now called Freddy. That was after I refused to call him Tyrone or Dave :?

It was great to meet you today Helen and I promise he will have a loving forever home here with us and hopefully will have new bunny friends of his own in the near future :)

HPIM1013.jpg

HPIM1014.jpg

HPIM1015.jpg

HPIM1016.jpg

:lol::lol: You're right there.

Freddy is nice wee name for him. I always feel small bunnies should have short names.

Hello little man :wave: I met him when I picked him up from Vickie's & took him on part of the bunny run, he's the cutest little bun ever:love::love:

Beautiful little lad.... I think Freddie suits him :D

Excuse me for asking :oops: but his hind leg.... it seems at a funny angle in a couple of the pics.... (Knowing me, I've probably missed a previous thread about him :oops:)
Definitely a 'cuddle me' bun :love:

what's wrong with the name Tyrone?!! Carlton was nearly called Tyrone! :lol: or Tyrese!! I feel sorry for his future girlfriend!! the names i've got lined up...!

he's a gorgeous bun though! :love::love:

:lol: What a cutie, my friend has a dalmation called Dave, I find it really funny because it's so human and also my o/h's name :lol: Since watching Narnia I want a horse called Phillip :lol:

Beautiful little lad.... I think Freddie suits him :D

Excuse me for asking :oops: but his hind leg.... it seems at a funny angle in a couple of the pics.... (Knowing me, I've probably missed a previous thread about him :oops:)
Definitely a 'cuddle me' bun :love:

Helen had xrays done and he broke a growth plate when very young and it has healed in the wrong direction. His spine is also deformed.
If you do a search for Jake and look for threads by pipstrel there are lots of photos of him and a video showing how well he gets around :D

Ah he looks like he's settled in really well and Freddy suits him :)

I was wrong in my previous threads when I mentioned his spine although it feels odd its actually perfectly straight, I think it's just the way that he sits due to his leg. I'll fax the details through to the vets on tuesday for you.

Thank you so much Liz and Steve for giving 'Freddy' a fab home.

It's very quiet sitting at the pc without him next to me shuffling about :( *sniffle sniffle*

Helen x

I'm glad his spine is ok. I haven't really handled him yet, just left him to settle in. I stroked his back and it does feel hunched between his shoulders, but like you say it must be because of the way he has to sit. :)

Aaaaaaw I'm so sorry he didn't bond with Piper and Minstrel, they are such a close pair though so maybe they decided a 3some wasn't to be:(. It is great he has found a new home with you, he's a cute looking little guy.

I've just watched the videos in the other thread and I'm in love :love: What an absolutely gorgeous bunny. Looks like he's settling in nicely :D

Back