• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Twinkle - further news...

fluffiebunnie

Warren Veteran
After separating Twinkle and Pickle, I decided it was unfair to have her in her hutch without a run, so have decided to move Twinkle inside to my dining room...

She now has a dog crate as a base, and the run of the dining room and hall and stairs and landing when I am in to supervise (have two cats too). I am not sure how long this set up will be for... who knows.... but for the first time in her life I am seeing her run around, be inquisitive and even seen a couple of binkies!!

She is enjoying life as a single bun I think :D

It sounds like you've made the right decision:D
Haven't ben on here for a few days, but have you seen an improvement in her dirty bum since you separated?

Yes this morning I checked and there was nothing caked on... just a tiny bit of staining, which I cleaned again.... I will monitor her bottom (easier too now inside) but is does seem to have improved a bit. She was still stressy yesterday as she could hear Pickle trying to "break in" to her side of the hutch and was hiding in the bedroom bit upstairs... now she cant hear him at all and is zooming around my dining room (where pc is) so I can sit and keep and eye on her whilst on the pc.

Have fingers and toes crossed for a happy clean single bunny although I do worry about Pickle outside all alone now...

Resting after 30 minutes zooming!!

DSC00716.jpg

DSC00715.jpg

Oh bless:D Looks like the right decision for Twinkle. She must have felt quite stressed with Pickle.
I remember feeling such relief after I took one of my girls out of a trio and saw how happy she was to be away from her sister. Tough decision, but glad I did it.

Are you able to get Pickle a new friend?

Oh bless:D Looks like the right decision for Twinkle. She must have felt quite stressed with Pickle.
I remember feeling such relief after I took one of my girls out of a trio and saw how happy she was to be away from her sister. Tough decision, but glad I did it.

Are you able to get Pickle a new friend?

I am wondering what sort of bunny would be happy living with a territorial, grumpy, rude bunny :?:?:?:roll::roll:

I am wondering what sort of bunny would be happy living with a territorial, grumpy, rude bunny :?:?:?:roll::roll:

My nethie is exactly that, but my laid back frenchie takes him completely in her stride:D
Maybe if you could find a rescue they might have the perfect partner waiting.....

You just have to find his perfect partner. Jack beat up a few girls (including a french lop!) and he always went for the ears :shock:
I was on the verge of accepting he'd have to be a single rabbit when I saw Emily on here and was very lucky that being an ARC bunny Janice was willing to try bonding her and Jack.
He had a right go at her and she ended up with some holes in her ear. But they live together now very happily, I even occasionally catch Jack in the act of grooming Emily ;) :lol:

awww that's lovely to hear - I'm so glad she's a happy bunny now - she looks sooo chilled :D As for Pickle - well my Benny has rejected all females so far, and really seems very contented on his own - I don't plan on bonding him as he's fine, but Pickle might be miserable - you are the best judge of his mood really, once he's got used to being alone :)

awww that's lovely to hear - I'm so glad she's a happy bunny now - she looks sooo chilled :D As for Pickle - well my Benny has rejected all females so far, and really seems very contented on his own - I don't plan on bonding him as he's fine, but Pickle might be miserable - you are the best judge of his mood really, once he's got used to being alone :)

Yes, I am going to monitor both situations - Twinkle and her messy bum and stress - she is binkying like crazy at the mo in my dining room - she has a lot to get out of her system no doubt :lol::lol:

I will keep checking how Pickle is doing... he has tons of space all to himself at the mo - will just see if he likes being on his own..

Back