• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Beige Baby's eyes...

rabswood

Wise Old Thumper
Beige Baby's eyes last night looked clogged up with fur. I bathed them in cool boiled water and after the feed when the little one was sleepy and still. carefully cut away some of the fur. I thought the eyes looked a little sore. No discharge, I think it is just the eyes running?

Today when I checked the little one the eyes do look better than they did. I'm wondering if it's just caused by the fur irritating the eyes or an allergy to hay.

I have taken a few photos about 10 minutes ago, but you can't really tell?

What do people think?

BeigeBabyeye1.gif

BeigeBabyeye2.gif

BeigeBabyeye3.gif

BeigeBabyeye4.gif

What do you guys think? I don't want to take the little on to the vet just yet as I don't want to stress them while they are still at the very dlicate stage, having lost 2 already :cry:

Rabswood

Well Beige Baby and Big Baby survived their super feed

I cleaned Beige's eyes again ant carefully cut away more fur. They don't actually look sore any more. I feel almost certain that it must have been fur in the eyes irritating them.

Rabs

aww, bless little Beige Baby!

no idea what it could be i'm afraid but i'm glad Baby is looking better! :love:

I would stick with bathing them and monitor the situation. If they start getting gunky discharge then it's going to be a vet job but if it's just very minor then bathing may sort it :)

Tam

Yes I thought about that having read something :? Since Beige Baby is so fair it's not easy to see. Will monitor situation.
Rabs

:shock::shock: OMG THEY ARE SOOO CUTE, SORRY CANT HELP WITH THE EYE PROBLEM, HOPEFULLY SOMEONE WHOS HAD BABYS WILL BE ABLE TO HELP YOU.BEST WISHES TO YOU AND YOUR BABIES.

Back