• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Dennis the Menace

Lea-Anne

Warren Veteran
lives up to his name... :rolleyes:

I tried him with my group this morning. My group was beautifully behaved. Not one of them really batted an eyelid. I had them all eating together. But if one of them should get too close to Dennis he was not hold back, jump up, and grunt and box with front feet first, and then try to bite them!Straight in there, full on aggression that was not justified ! :roll: None of the others were showing interest, let alone aggression so it wasn't even like he was reacting in defence. They were just close to him, eating. There was no negitive body movements from the others whatsoever. Liquorice even tried to lie against the mesh but he bit her bum and sent her running :roll: I expected Frags (who is the boss) to react to him badly at first but she just tried to nuzzle him and he attacked her. I kept the food coming to try and keep everything calm but even though there was plenty he kept wanting to steal it off the other rabbits. Then when he had finally got the last peice of greens he turned his back on the lot of them :shock::lol: .

Day One of Bonding : Unsuccessful :lol::lol::lol::lol:

CCHHHHHHHHHHHHHHLLLLLLLLLLLLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOEEEEEEEEE HELP !!!!! :wave::D:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

:shock: What's it got to do with me?????? :angel: :lol:

He does sound like he's being very defensive :? Are the others responding to him at all or just scarpering? If there's no response from them I'm thinking he might calm down and settle a bit with time?

No they didn't respond to him. They just looked really surprised and moved away so they didn't get their face boxed in haha. Then they went about their business as usual. I am guessing hes nervous. They didn't all crowd him or anything but maybe its a bit much meeting six all in one go? :shock:

Probably a bit of a shock to his system but if they're generally being accommodating I'd keep him in with them and see if he starts to relax a bit - it might take a bit of time but it just sounds like he's being the new kid in the playground.

Back