• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Gardens and rabbits - advice please

BwfcAngel

Mama Doe
My garden is mostly concrete wirh a border of raised area around it with soil, some bedding plants and weeds (the ******* pop up as quickly as i can get them out!) but everytime i let my bunnies out into the garden, they jump into the soil and im scared their gonna eat something poisonous. They also nibble on the weeds growing between the slabs. How do know what they can nibble at and what they cant? Cos of this, they rarely go out without supervision and when im out with them they must think im such a meany cos i'm constantly picking them up and moving them somewhere they don't want to play cos it's boring! Any advice would be amazing ta!!

Lisa and crew xx:wave:

There is a list somewhere of dangerous plants. Buttercups are supposed to dangerous but mine nibbles at those like they are going out of fashion! I stop him everytime I see him, but that is the area he runs to! Can you fence of the soil area and just keep to patio - perhaps with a dig box of soil for him/her to dig in?

Here you go hon - have a look at this: http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/showthread.php?t=46015&page=2

Bunnies do love to play in soil, dig and roll, so if you're not happy about them going in the raise area it might be worth cordoning it off and giving them a box to play in. I don't think the odd weed sprouting between the concrete will do them too much harm but you could always do a quick weed before you put them out?

Back