• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

best bottles?

shazzy81

Young Bun
Hi

Tyler drinks from a bowl at the moment but i am forever changing the water as he keeps putting hay in there!! The bottle that came with his cage leaked and ive never had much luck with hamster bottles either.

What make/brand of bottle do you use? Is it too late to switch Tyler to a bottle after hes used a bowl for a yr and a half? ive seen ferplast sippy bottle that looks quite good but recommendations required as i dont want to waste loads of cash on useless bottles!!

I'm going to be honest here...

I use a really bad bottle I got from PAH, but the buns love it because I have to put a bowl under it as it leaks so much & they get a choice of what they drink from! Although sometimes they get hay & poops in it :roll:

I can't find a link for it but it's a "copy" of a non-leak-type bottle! :lol:

I use a Ferplast Sippy. I have to refill it more often but the rabbits use it more than the old one and it doesn't leave a puddle.

I use a glass super pet one that works great but leaks a little when you first put the water in. It has a little ducky inside that floats so you can see the water level :D

They also have a bowl of water in there so they have a choice, I know they prefer bowls but they put fur, hay and everything in there sometimes :roll:

Oh, they also have brita filtered water like us :lol:

My lot have one of these in the run in the summer: http://www.zooplus.co.uk/shop/rodents/accessories/feeder_water_bottles/14454. They always have bowls but they used to just have a regular ball valve bottle, if you can get once with a double valve, they seem to work better.

My Chinese hamsters have a ball valve one too, it drives me nuts, it's so loud! They have a nice sippy one that fits the cage but don't know how to use it! The other one is now sellotaped to the cage:lol:!

Any ideas on training hamsters to use a different bottle would be great:lol:!

i have the glass 1 with the little duck in it too, mine leaks a bit to have to fiddle with the lid to get it to not leak.

thanks for the replies. Ive bought a classic bottle today for £1.49 to see if he will even drink from it. If he does i think i will buy a ferplast sippy. :D