• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Daniels Poo

Becki xX

Warren Veteran
Hmm, Since I got Daniel hes had an iffy tum. At one point he had thick runny poo & nothing anywhere near solid was being passed (Checked it out with some bunny-folks though, wasnt proper diorhea). Hes been on just hay since Sunday & his poo's have definately really improved, and are pretty much properly formed. Only thing Im not sure about is that they are very soft & wet, kinda slippery? :? They dont seem to be showing any signs of getting firmer or dryer...Any ideas? X

Eta - Oh, also to say the reason he hasnt been to the vets is because the bad tummy is stress related, and didnt want to cause him more upset unless he was actually poorly & needed a vet.

I suspect you're right about it being stress related. Poor boy, glad it's improving, the hay only diet should o the trick, otherwise I wonder if Fibreplex might help him? I am about to give Bobbin a few day course of it as his poos have never quite been the same since his stasis episode, they are a bit small and slightly harder than they should be. I wonder if it would help softer poos to form better too.

Hope you get him sorted, he's an absolute beauty Becki :D

When you say they are quite slippery do you mean in the way ceacals have a invisible slimey/mucus coating?

Aaaaaaw hope he gets his poops sorted soon Becki, they were like lovely little footballs whilst he was here. I'm sure it will be stress related as he's had a lot of upheaval over the past few weeks, 4 homes, deplumming and a wife;).

When you say they are quite slippery do you mean in the way ceacals have a invisible slimey/mucus coating?

Urm, I dont really know how to explain it :oops: They arent the same texture as ceacals but they went from being sloppy & unformed, to ceacatrophs & single poos but exactly the same as ceacatrophs (like a single one?), then to this :? They're slippery as in they slip out of your hands when your picking them up :oops: They certainly arent normal & hes starting to get messy underneath from sitting in them. There are squishy messes absolutely everywhere. Think Im gonna take him to the vets this week...just dont want to make it worse? Especially as Rhia gets really stressed in the car & he'll obviously pick up on that...What do I do? X

is there a vet that will come see him at home? We asked our vet once since Iffy has been blind to see her at home. There is no harm in asking xx

A few people have had success in this area with a course of Fiberplex lately....maybe worth a try seen as it's non-presciption so the vet dosn't need to see him in order to give you some.

A few people have had success in this area with a course of Fiberplex lately....maybe worth a try seen as it's non-presciption so the vet dosn't need to see him in order to give you some.

Ah I didnt realise it wasnt a prescription med. Ive used it before & not been impressed, but will stand to be corrected. Will get some on Tues :) X

Back