• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Smudge & Bella's hutch...

I'm leaving Bella's hutch outside for tonight without a cover over it, should I put the cover on or not- bare in mind I'm in my nighty now and next door may look at me through his bedroom window, I'm sure he does all the time I'm outside :roll: Both Bella's and Smudge's hutch are out there. Smudge and Bella are inside though for the night all ready for bed and everything. Just in the hutchs are Smudge's poops and Bella's paper. I have just locked the back door for the night, mum said they should be alright as Bella hasn't urinated in there or there's no hay to leave a scent, just Smudge's poops. Mum has a go at me if I don't take out Bella's poops but when it's Smudge, it's a whole different story :roll:

What should I do?

you might as well put the cover on ... just in case!

Okay, but it's dark :oops: The cover is SOOOO large it goes crumped at one side, shall I just put it over the hutchs and put plastic bags over the legs like I did yesterday to stop them from rotting a bit. What if people see me???

I'd keep them off, but mine are under a carport and are protected from the wind, their hutch should protect them, personally i think she should be okay, but if you're worried put on an old sheet over it or something

I'd keep them off, but mine are under a carport and are protected from the wind, their hutch should protect them, personally i think she should be okay, but if you're worried put on an old sheet over it or something

I just asked my mum and she said they would be alright, baring in mind Bella and Smudge are indoors and there's nothing in the hutchs except paper and poops. For a couple of days now we have been leaving it off and has been fine. Shall I leave it off then?

I just asked my mum and she said they would be alright, baring in mind Bella and Smudge are indoors and there's nothing in the hutchs except paper and poops. For a couple of days now we have been leaving it off and has been fine. Shall I leave it off then?

And there was me thinking the buns were in their hutches outside! :lol: The hutches will be fine outside hunny.. I'm sure they won't feel the cold ;)

Can you attach a run to the hutch so Bella can exercise?

Bella is not in the hutch, she is inside.

I wouldn't bother putting the cover on unless it is going to rain and the hutch may get damp and you are planning to put the animals outside in the morning :D

Bella is not in the hutch, she is inside.

I wouldn't bother putting the cover on unless it is going to rain and the hutch may get damp and you are planning to put the animals outside in the morning :D

We've put the hutches into the garage now until the weather gets better again :)

yeah i was comfused? but i think thats right, the buns are inside and the hutch is outside,i think the bella was worrying about the hutch being outside??

Back