• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Hutch protection -does this look ok?

lisa82

Mama Doe
Please could you say if you think this looks ok, it is my first ever night with a hutch out in the garden. It is a cheap shower curtain with plant pots, rocks and flat tile things to weigh it on at the top. With some run panels at the front, either side of the shower curtain also I panel at the side. It is directly below our bedroom window, which I will be keeping open as I am far too paranoid.

( Piccies of occupants to follow tomorrow :D)

PICT0134.jpg

Is it plastic? I'd be tempted to poke a couple of small holes for ventilation, otherwise great :D

Hehehe a bit of paranoia :p
Lol my two used to be in a hutch ( with legs ) on the floor, they're fine, now they're on a table in the carport
Yes they'll be fine :p
Actually i added extra hooks on my hutch just in case my cats or anything tried to investigate

Yeah that looked alright to me :) I'm leaving Bella's hutch outside for tonight without a cover over it, should I put the cover on or not- bare in mind I'm in my nighty now :oops: Next door might look out through his window at me :oops:

Is it plastic? I'd be tempted to poke a couple of small holes for ventilation, otherwise great :D

It says vinyl, shall I still poke holes? what sort of size/poked with what? I've left it a little bit flappy at the top sides for a bit of air but don't want them to be too stuffy :?

could you pusomething heavier then the plant pots on top in case the wind blows top bit off? and as tamsin says add a couple of air holes

cant wait to see occupants though

lisa

How did the trip home and bonding go?

Hello :wave: Was just going to message you but was busy poking holes in the shower curtain :D

The bonding was a lot smoother than I expected, he humped them a bit and he got sprayed but last time I checked they were all cuddled up together in the bedroom area.

Thanks so much, I don't think he's even seen another piggie for years, you've made him really happy :D

That's brilliant, glad to have been able to help.

Give the girl's a cuddle from me in the morning. :D:D:D

Don't forget their pictures can always be submitted to the photo comp which is running till the end of the month.:D

I have the same hutch and got the scratch and newton cover for it. You can get them brand new on ebay for £38 in stead of £57 at pah.

Back