• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

This week in Twickenham I am bonding

Ooo can't wait to see pics Janice, I have been wondering how Lulu is getting on so would be nice to see another like her :D

I love these bonding threads of yours Janice, they're really interesting reads. :D They remind me a bit of The Fast Show - "This week, I have mostly been bonding... rabbits!" *goes back to shed* :lol:

AMETHYST

I love these bonding threads of yours Janice, they're really interesting reads. :D They remind me a bit of The Fast Show - "This week, I have mostly been bonding... rabbits!" *goes back to shed* :lol:

AMETHYST

I have only been up to 2 bondings I have tried Pongo and Purdy with Chrissie without any luck. These are 3 rabbits with attitude and Chrissie has a track record of attacking other rabbits. In a very lady like manner she has taken on both Pongo and Purdy in one go and was coming out on top, slaying them both in one go :shock: I dont want to risk the relationship that Pongo and Purdy have with each other so I have descided not to continue this.

I have now tried Chrissie with at least 3 other rabbits without any luck with similiar consequences, therefore I think Chrissie will now be looking for a home as a single house rabbit.

Now my other pairing up is a different story, whilst they are not snuggled up or grooming each other, there has been no fighting, no loss of fur, no humping but they are both presenting each other to the other one wanting to be groomed. They are relaxed enough to be washing themselves. I think given some time they will end up fine. I am just down loading a picture of them together.

I didnt go to bed last night until almost 2 am as I have a uni assignment due in on Wednesday, so sat up with them last night.

This morning about 7am I was half asleep, I thought I had something in my loft as I could hear footsteps, it sounded like a larger animal than a mouse. Suddently the footsteps got louder and I was dreaming that I had a squirrel in my bedroom, then I screamed as it jumped and landed on my legs :shock: ..... ....... it was a lop eared bunny who had jumped out of the pen to see me ......I am not sure who was more surprised her or me :oops:

I didnt go to bed last night until almost 2 am as I have a uni assignment due in on Wednesday, so sat up with them last night.

This morning about 7am I was half asleep, I thought I had something in my loft as I could hear footsteps, it sounded like a larger animal than a mouse. Suddently the footsteps got louder and I was dreaming that I had a squirrel in my bedroom, then I screamed as it jumped and landed on my legs :shock: ..... ....... it was a lop eared bunny who had jumped out of the pen to see me ......I am not sure who was more surprised her or me :oops:

Bless her, sorry she is a menace :oops:

Last edited:
The front room is very quiet, just popped my head through the door and they were snuggled up together ....... the little rex is so laid back he just continued to lay where he was ... bugs jumped up.

As soon as I can get some nice piccies of them I will post them.

I am totally convinced that these will be fine .... I will leave it with you when you want to take them depending on what is easier with you with trafffic as this is a bank holiday weekend and the motorway will be horrid for a while tomorow afternoon and evening due to the volume of traffic. If you want to do tonight that is fine or tomorrow is equally fine....... you can leave it till after all the traffic has gone if you want as I am up both evenings trying to get my assignment done. I will leave it to your decision ...

Do you not think tonight would be a bit soon? I don't mind coming either day, do you want to see how they are later this afternoon and if they are the same i would like to get them tonight. :D

This is how they are just sitting next to each other, snuggled. There is no aggression but no grooming, however that will come with time.

CIMG0215.jpg

Leaving to pick them up soon, can't wait to get them home :)

Struggling to come up with the perfect name for our little boy, so any suggestions welcome x

Back