• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Do I...

...feed Bella lettuce??

I do and Bella seems to like it as she eats it. I know iceberg is poisonious(sp??) so I feed Bella cury and the other sort of lettuce. I just read on a website Bella isn't to have lettuce.

Am I doing wrong?? Does anyone else give your rabbit/s lettuce, how do they cope with it if you do??

Diana x

I give my buns spring greens, I assume this is some type of lettuce but im not sure? :oops: It just says spring greens on the bag :D x

I give my buns spring greens, I assume this is some type of lettuce but im not sure? :oops: It just says spring greens on the bag :D x

I'm not really sure but mum said if she eats it (which she does), then it's alright. Is mum right or should I stop feeding Bella lettuce and just give her dandelions, grass and carrots?

I would just ask your mum to buy the ones marked spring greens instead of lettuce :) I dont think there is much of a difference in price so it shouldnt be a problem :D I sometimes get mine reduced from the market because they are only going to be eaten straight away x

Im not sure. I heard not to feed them lettuce so i dont :? as my mum always wants to give my two lettuce :? so she gives them cabbage instead. Mine love celery :)

I would just ask your mum to buy the ones marked spring greens instead of lettuce :) I dont think there is much of a difference in price so it shouldnt be a problem :D I sometimes get mine reduced from the market because they are only going to be eaten straight away x

Just asked mum about that and she said spring greens are a cabbage, and cabbages arn't allowed either.

Iceberg isn't poisonous, it contains alot of water and has no nutritional value :)
The sort of lettuce you get in those salad bags from the supermarkets are loved by my buns :)
Romaine is ok, but they much prefer cabbage type veggies like spring greens and errm, cabbage :lol:
Carrots shouldn't be fed too often as they contain alot of sugar :)
Not too much cabbage either, can give them poorly tummies and bloat :)

Iceberg isn't poisonous, it contains alot of water and has no nutritional value :)
The sort of lettuce you get in those salad bags from the supermarkets are loved by my buns :)
Romaine is ok, but they much prefer cabbage type veggies like spring greens and errm, cabbage :lol:
Carrots shouldn't be fed too often as they contain alot of sugar :)
Not too much cabbage either, can give them poorly tummies and bloat :)

Iceberg is poisonous! So the lettuce I feed Bella on is fine, Beth? I give Bella a carrot every night, is this too often? How often should I give Bella carrots then?

Iceberg is poisonous! So the lettuce I feed Bella on is fine, Beth? I give Bella a carrot every night, is this too often? How often should I give Bella carrots then?

I don't think it's poisonous :?
just gives them runny poo and has no nurtition in it,
Raily, Romaine lettuce is fine in moderation. Carrots shouldn't be fed daily, but someone on here probably knows more about it than me.

Ooo this is a hard one. I'm not too experienced with this knd of stuff, i just give my wild buns grass and plenty of it.
Will Bella enjoy that? Pick loads of long thick grass.
It's only natural and they do looooove it :)

Iceberg isn't poisonous - just full of water and not much nutritional value at all (which makes it a good 'diet' food for humans - fills you up without you putting on weight). It can just upset tums more easily that others because of the high water content, but you should be careful with introducing any new veg or giving it in high amounts

Back