• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Need some HELP ----->

I'm talking about Bella's teeth. I have just looked on the internet and one website said I must check them regularly in case they need clipping. Bella lets me look at her two front teeth but that's all.

How many teeth does she have altogether as the internet keeps telling me different?

Thanks,
Diana x

Last edited:
I think its best the vet checks her teeth hun :D I think they can only all be checked with some equipment the vets will have? My vet uses this thing to check my buns teeth :) x

You won't be able to check her back teeth, a vet does that with a special tool. Ask to get her teeth checked when you get her myxi jab done. It should be part of her check up anyway but if he doesn't ask. I won't cost any extra :)

I think its best the vet checks her teeth hun :D I think they can only all be checked with some equipment the vets will have? My vet uses this thing to check my buns teeth :) x

Oh right, okay, thanks! Was just wondering in case something was to happen like they got to long and went through her mouth, into her brain and killing her, you know? Sorry just was on a website saying all sorts.

Oh right, okay, thanks! Was just wondering in case something was to happen like they got to long and went through her mouth, into her brain and killing her, you know? Sorry just was on a website saying all sorts.

Oh don't worry, she would show signs long before they got that bad, like going off food etc. Having a 6 monthly check up at the vet is a good idea as any tooth problems will be spotted early

they have two sets of front inscisors (that's what seperates them from rodents), usually you can only see one set of inscisors, both the bottom and the top, but the vets can check the other teeth if you are worried :)

they have two sets of front inscisors (that's what seperates them from rodents), usually you can only see one set of inscisors, both the bottom and the top, but the vets can check the other teeth if you are worried :)

Yeah I know that, just worried about the others, I will do, thanks Beth.

You will be able to see if the front teeth are overgrown - for the back teeth, look for symptoms like loss of appetite and drooling - if this occurs, ask your vet to check the back teeth with their otoscope

Back