• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Vibes for Ruby - UD she's home #28

Thanks Becca,

The vets really concerned as she's passing blood, as well as off her food. She's also in a lot of pain around her kidneys. I'm goint to ring back about 4 and see how she is.

I hope she's going to be ok, the children will be devastated if anything happens to her

Oh no!, trillions of vibes for Ruby, why isn't Thumper with her?, I really hope she gets better Lynn, keep us posted

Thanks Theo,

The vet did ask about keeping him with her, but because they are attaching Ruby to a drip they were worried he might get caught in it, or chew it. We're monitoring how they cope, and the vet will review if it becomes an issue.

Thanks Theo,

The vet did ask about keeping him with her, but because they are attaching Ruby to a drip they were worried he might get caught in it, or chew it. We're monitoring how they cope, and the vet will review if it becomes an issue.

I dont know if this is possible but at my vets they house them next to each other if they cannot be together so they can still smell the other bun. It might be an option to consider if your vets agree to loosing another cage.

Sending (((vibes))) x

I spoke to the vet earlier, there's no improvement, she's still not passing anything despite the drugs and the drip. They're still syringe feeding her so we've just got to wait. It's really worring....:cry::cry:

oooh poor girl :( I've just been trying to find out her history and noticed you'd posted about Thumper being treated for e-cuniculi earlier? Was she treated as well? Only typically e-cuniculi attacks the kidneys - might be a good idea to get her on panacur now if she's not already - it won't mend damage but it will stop further destruction and she may recover with nursing

Thanks everyone.

I'm waiting for the vet to ring me. She's made it through the night but they can only get fluids/food by syringe. She wont tolerate the drip :cry:

Thumper seems really depressed without her. Do you think I should ask the vet if they will keep him with her? The only reason they didn't keep him yesterday was because of concerns with the him chewing the drip. If they're not using a drip can he go back with her?

Back