• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rant about sick horrible neighbour

Crunchie

Warren Veteran
we've just been dealing with a nasty neighbour at my aunt's house. I have to keep my rabbit at my aunts house as my dad is allergic to him but I go down to see him twice a day. He's a rescued rabbit who never used to be allowed out his hutch and wasn't fed properly. He's came on leaps and bounds since I got him and has turned into a very handsome boy indeed.

Anyway my aunt's neighbour is a lazy sod who's never worked in his life. Him and my aunt aren't on the best of terms as my aunt likes to keep her garden very tidy and he doesn't. As a result she has to clear long grass and weeds that are growing in from his side of the garden in addition to doing her own work. She went and told him about this recently and I think it turned into a barmy.

Anyway her other neighbour told her that he'd thrown something into her garden as a "joke". He didn't say what it was as it was too horrible but when she went to look she found a severed rabbit's leg. How much of a sicko do you have to be to pull a "joke" like that!

My dad reckoned we should report it to the police because it seemed like he was indicating he'd do something to our rabbit. My aunt was ready to go and kick lumps out of him and my mum was going to go to his door and tell him that we were thinking of getting the police involved. In the end we phoned the police and they said that he was only doing it to get a reaction and we should ignore it for now. They've logged the incident and know that if anything else is reported then they have enough to pay him a visit.

I'm worried he might actually do something to the rabbit now though but my mum says he's just a stupid man and he wouldn't go to that much effort. I'm not so sure but it's not like we can keep the rabbit anywhere else. My aunt has a 6 foot fence around the garden with a bike chain round the gate lock. I hope nothing else comes of this but I'm really worried now, what an utterly sick man.:censored:

The sad thing is he has young children as well, what a great example he's setting as a dad. When my aunt was told about it she threw the leg back into his garden in disgust and after thinking about it realised the ones most likely to find it there are his kids. I guess he didn't think of that either.:evil:

Make sure you have good padlocks on your hutch so at least you know he will strugglr to get in and cant just open it up.I know what i would do but i would end up inside:roll:

gosh, that's awful. :evil:

i'd have been tempted to post it back through his letterbox with a note saying "i think you lost this, i'm sure you'll be pleased to have it returned"

some people :roll: i hope he stops his silly games there.

:shock: What a pathetic sad man :censored:

It seems an awful thing to do, and it is, but many people do things that make them seem capable of much worse but actually they'd never have the courage or the mentality to do it. I suspect he found it somewhere and didn't actually kill the poor rabbit himself.

What an idiot :roll:

I actually wondered if he maybe got it from a butchers or something. I think my mum's right and he's just really thick and hasn't thought about the consequenses of his actions.

My little cousin (who's 5) wants to come and see the rabbit sometime soon. If she had found it and gotten upset there's no way we'd have held my aunt back.:evil:

I find that quite horrific that anyone could find that funny. Try and ignore him. I still wish it was illeagal to hurt animals in this country so the police had more power.

In Scotland if your 'neighbours' bushes,grass etc is growing in your garden you are quite within your rights to cut it and throw it back over to their bit' as it's theirs find out if it's the same in your area and then your covered. They are just ar:censored: he doesn't care about anything.Some people are all mouth so to speak.I wouldn't waste my breathe on him.You've been to the police who will keep a note of whats happened,any more hassle go back.You also keep a note of any occurences.I believe in KARMA, what goes around comes around.All the best.

have to say what a sicko man! like it was said he is setting a very bad example to his children, and i love lauralou 's idea to post it back through the letter box saying i think you lost something!! hope it al settles down for your aunt , at least the police are aware of what he is up to , melindaxx

some people should never be allowed to breed...

i hope your bunny stays safe but to be honest, he sounds like a total coward so it seems unlikely he would do anything worse than throw things into your garden.

I certainly think any of the gardening your aunt has to do on his behalf should be either thrown back into his garden or posted through his letterbox... envelope or not is up to you :lol: (I wouldn't waste the pennies personally) but then that's just my childish mind at work, probably not the best resolution...

what a horrible, horrible man...

i agree he sounds like too much of a coward to do owt else, but make sure your hutches are well padlocked and ideally sink the screws into the wood and fill over them to stop him accessing the rabbit.

Back