• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

ramp for bunny cage

bunny mad lisa

Mama Doe
hiya
my friend is looking for a ramp for her bunny's cage because she had headtilt and now has a little trouble getting in and out. It is an indoor cage. i remember seeing them on bunny basics but they have now closed. Has anyone seen them elswhere?
thanks lisa

I've got one of these ramps from Zooplus but I'm not sure how good it would be for an unsteady bunny as it's not very wide, though maybe two could be fastened together.

thanks i have seen the one on zooplus but this is more for outdorr hutches, the one i saw was like a little bridge. Shall look on ebay though

I made ones for Timmy and Rosie's indoor cages myself. I used pine boards just slightly narrower than the cage doors and covered them in carpet for good traction for the buns. They work a treat!!! :D :D

If your friend goes to Homebase or B&Q they can cut a piece of wood to the exact size. She could then get lolly sticks from a craft shop and stick them on with non-toxic wood glue to provide grip.

AMETHYST

the ramp they used to sell on bunny basics is actually a bridge..its in 3 pieces..two slanted and one level..BUT its very narrow and very steep..and if like our indoor cage the bars have the dor hinge two or three bars up..its useless..positivley useless and is way too steep for my tubby doe and her nervy companion whos a lionhead....

when i had bifs first husbun....he was in an indoor cage a savic one i think..and we got a bit of plywood and stuck halved wooden pegs minus the springs..of course doweling is better...or even the wood logs thingys..cant rember what thyere called....theyre wood bits on wire to bend like arches etc...
i have one and linked it to the wire of the bar and then put a little cardboard box under it at the end..fone for my lionhead but not for bif......

oscar used to have a lay n leap armchair..and he used to use it to get out ad in of his cage as long as the little ramps was there on the outside....

i even ended up using one of those pricey folding adjustable footstolls off betterware..the type with wood frame and fake sheepskin cover..and it was a great way of getting up for him..he was a weeny mini lop bless himw ith such short legs.

i remember looking for osmething for our old cat who had kidney faulire...i saw online somewhere that someone had taken the idea of a deckchaor frame and the slots it has to adjust the seat and then put plywood covered with carpet in a level line instead of sagging deckchair cover.......or theyd actually used and onl deckchair frame i think.......

its annoying cos on a usa site for buns i found a perfect ramp that was in fact a scratch post for cats shaped like a wedge of cheese if you like..sigh....nothing here tho.

we have doggy steps for bertie to get up on sofa etc hes a lazy stiff iold frenchie of 3 years and doesnt like to overdo it:lol: i thinkive seen two step ideas from another company..illsee in the mlorning and post links.

this is the trixie one we have but the cage in the pic doesnt have the wire problem we have.....maybe if your friend gets a ferplast cage where the front opens then shed have some success maybe with this ramp?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/__Small-Anima...rkparms=72:12|39:1|65:12&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

when i can find my bloomin link to the cat ramp scratch post ill pm you!!

aha...no need to pm it later...cos i found it!

http://bunnybytes.com/cgi-bin/start.cgi

im going to get a bigger cage for bif and bandit..dog crates arent wonderful for them...theyre better off in an actual cage with plastic base cos of her tum probs and his bladderprobs..so then i cansort out furniture etc with ramp..im going to get a stool form wilkinsons online..plastic low one for £1.99 amd carpet it onthe top to let buns jump into on...and maybe one outside too..if it works ill let you know.. but a bun with head tilt would maybe benfit from a tube like construction to help guide him..bit like the snugglesafe warren stuff?

its so bloomin hard..maybe she could get one of those floor enrty level cages?

hmm looking back at this bookmark..im so tempted now to get one of these with an extra bit of lino under it....they can step put without having to jump.and is wayy cheaper than a trixie 15o rabbit cage:shock:

http://astore.amazon.co.uk/bunnyproof-shielding-21/images/B000WF6RYG/203-3977424-5090330

Back