• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

What do you think of this shed?

TheGaffer

Mama Doe
http://www.screwfix.com/prods/92712...s/Walton-Apex-Shiplap-Double-Door-Shed-7-x-7#

I think I'm going to get this one. I can't believe the price, I didn't think I was going to be able to afford Shiplap!

The plan is to divide it into 2, 7ft by 3 and a half ft sections. Billy and Emily will live in one side and Dudley and Smudge in the other. That's big enough isn't it?

I plan to get a run aswell, possibly that big Zooplus one, and when I'm in they'll get a few hours out each.

It's not practical at all for me to attach a permanent run because with the foxes about I'd be worried about my bun's safety.

It's a nice shed...

Have a look at this one. I've bought from these people before and the quality is very good...

There is an 8ft by 6ft shed for the same price as the one you are looking for. The only reason I prefer this one is because it has four windows on either side so there will be lots of natural light inside the shed. :)

shed

have you looked on ebay theres a few simular ones on there really cheap! if you havent i wouldnt mind looking for you:D

have you looked on ebay theres a few simular ones on there really cheap! if you havent i wouldnt mind looking for you:D

I do look on there occasionly, but I'd not seen anything in the size I want for less than £250.

If you see anything please post a link :D

Personally I'm not keen on shiplap sheds as they tend to leak, are easily chewed out of by rabbits and are draughty. You'd need to line the inside to remedy this.
Did you see the review at the bottom of the page?

I think it is expensive for a shiplap and think you could get a good quality tongue and groove shed for the same, if not less. This one says T&G cladding, which is confusing as the review mentions the boards gaping.

The two sheds that I've bought in the last 12 months were 7 x 6 and 7 x 5 and were £240 and £220 including erection and treatment.
Both are T&G and are solid sheds, and built to my spec e.g one of them had two doors as it was split into two for two groups.

Have you looked in your local papers or the local directories produced to advertise local services (your library would have a copy) for a shed company that make them themselves?

Sorry, I hate to sound negative but I'd hate it to turn up and be different to what you're expecting.

Last edited:
Personally I'm not keen on shiplap sheds as they tend to leak, are easily chewed out of by rabbits and are draughty. You'd need to line the inside to remedy this.
Did you see the review at the bottom of the page?

I think it is expensive for a shiplap and think you could get a good quality tongue and groove shed for the same, if not less. This one says T&G cladding, which is confusing as the review mentions the boards gaping.

The two sheds that I've bought in the last 12 months were 7 x 6 and 7 x 5 and were £240 and £220 including erection and treatment.
Both are T&G and are solid sheds, and built to my spec e.g one of them had two doors as it was split into two for two groups.

Have you looked in your local papers or the local directories produced to advertise local services (your library would have a copy) for a shed company that make them themselves?

Sorry, I hate to sound negative but I'd hate it to turn up and be different to what you're expecting.

Thnaks, I hadn't seen that review but it's put me off now.

£240 is good especially including delivery and erection.

I have phoned some local companies and they are so expensive!! over £300 for a 7 by 7! :shock:

Thanks, I'm going to watch the first one.

The only problem is I don't have any means to collect it :? Depending on what the auction ends at depends on whether it's cost effective to hire a van.

Looks good but be carful of Waltons sheds...:?

We had a LOT of bother with them when Argos got their sheds from them... Missing parts, missing panels, and deliveries to the warehouse that never made it on time and were weeks late, and spare parts that would never arrive to the customer...
We dont have sheds from them anymore i think...

That said if you have someone handy with diy and something does happen then you will be fine!

Looks good but be carful of Waltons sheds...:?

We had a LOT of bother with them when Argos got their sheds from them... Missing parts, missing panels, and deliveries to the warehouse that never made it on time and were weeks late, and spare parts that would never arrive to the customer...
We dont have sheds from them anymore i think...

That said if you have someone handy with diy and something does happen then you will be fine!

Ok thanks for the warning.

Unfortunately my husband is pretty useless at DIY :roll:

It looks great! If it was me though for that money id buy a dog/cat enclosure because they are fox proof :) one of the girls on here has a great one, cant remember where the thread is now.

I dont know about the shed but the website has a well iffy title................................:shock: :oops:

Sorry..............

:oops:

Janex

Back