• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Litter training - gone backwards?

rachelsawyer

Warren Scout
Hi there could someone please help me. My buns became little trained for about 2 weeks and have now completely stopped using it. It cleaned out every day. They have some hay right next to it so they can nibble at the same time. Anyone have any ideas/reasons why they have decided to stop using it? :?

Last edited:
):) HI YOUR NOT ON YOUR OWN, MY GIRLIE HAS USED HER LITTER TRAY FOR THE LAST 2WKS AND NOW HAS DECIDED MY LIVING ROOM IS HER LITTER TRAY.:oops::lol: I KNOW YOUR NOT SUPPOSED TO CLEAN TRAY OUT EVERYDAY, AS SHE/HE NEEDS TO BE ABLE TO SMELL HER SCENT, SO I CLEAN THAT OUT EVERY 3-4 DAYS BUT ALWAYS PUT A BIT OF HER SOILED PAPER BACK IN. BUT EVEN WITH DOING THAT SHE REFUSES, IVE EVEN CHANGED HER CAGE AROUND:rolleyes: OH NO SHE DOES IT IN THE OPPOSITE SIDE:roll:
HOPING WHEN SHES EVENTUALLY SPEYED SHE MIGHT, STOP MAKING SUCH A MESS.:oops: BEST OF LUCK.:thumb:

I would get a bigger box (I use underbed storage boxes) and put the hay actually in the tray at one end - that way they have to jump in the box to eat the hay - and you need to restrict them to that area for several hours a day too - also have one tray per bunny - when I first got my girls I had 4 huge trays for them, but now they are trained they only need 2 side by side (they like to all squash in together so I use guinea pig cage bases)

I would get a bigger box (I use underbed storage boxes) and put the hay actually in the tray at one end - that way they have to jump in the box to eat the hay - and you need to restrict them to that area for several hours a day too - also have one tray per bunny - when I first got my girls I had 4 huge trays for them, but now they are trained they only need 2 side by side (they like to all squash in together so I use guinea pig cage bases)

should i confine hay to just that area too??:roll:

):) HI YOUR NOT ON YOUR OWN, MY GIRLIE HAS USED HER LITTER TRAY FOR THE LAST 2WKS AND NOW HAS DECIDED MY LIVING ROOM IS HER LITTER TRAY.:oops::lol: I KNOW YOUR NOT SUPPOSED TO CLEAN TRAY OUT EVERYDAY, AS SHE/HE NEEDS TO BE ABLE TO SMELL HER SCENT, SO I CLEAN THAT OUT EVERY 3-4 DAYS BUT ALWAYS PUT A BIT OF HER SOILED PAPER BACK IN. BUT EVEN WITH DOING THAT SHE REFUSES, IVE EVEN CHANGED HER CAGE AROUND:rolleyes: OH NO SHE DOES IT IN THE OPPOSITE SIDE:roll:
HOPING WHEN SHES EVENTUALLY SPEYED SHE MIGHT, STOP MAKING SUCH A MESS.:oops: BEST OF LUCK.:thumb:

hiya yeh i will try that too, just get a little concerned about flystrike cause thet are outdoor buns, should i do it every other instead?:oops:

Back