• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Stasis?? UD back from vet

thumpersmum

Warren Scout
:(

I'm taking Ruby to the vet. She's not eating and really lethargic, just lying in the green cube and not interested. I can't even tempt her with some carrot tops which she loves. (She even steals them of Thumper as he's eating them). Thumper wont move away from her either, it's as though he's really worried too. Could this be stasis??

Please can I have some vibes for her???

Last edited:
Aaww bless, it sounds like it could be the start of stasis.

Has she ever had probs with her teeth? A molar spur can stop them eating too.

Hope she's better soon.

OH dear there seems to be alot of Statis about at the moment. My Arthur is still trying to get over his recent bout.

Sending healing vibes to Ruby x

Does sound like GI stasis (providing her teeth are OK), my Smokey had it last week, luckily Infacol was enough to sort her out though.

Lots of vibes, I hope she is munching again soon.

FC xx

Stasis UD - back from vet Cystitis?

Thanks for the vibes, Just got back from the vet.

Ruby is bleeding from somewhere, when we got to the vet we found tiny spots of blood from her rear end. The vet isn't sure where they've come from, she is bloated, her temperature is down and very lethargic. So she's being treated for cystitis. She's had a gut stimulant, anti-biotic and pain killer.
I've got to take her back in the morning unless she gets worse before then. I've been told to separate her from Thumper for tonight and try and monitor her eating/drinking, and see if I can determine where she's bleeding from. (The only problem is I don't have a clue about bun anatomy:cry:)

They did check her teeth as well, but although they're not the best teeth a bunny could have, they are unnlikely to be causing any problems.

How long before she should start eating? she is very lethargic and not interested in food at all. She has had a small drink of water, but no food.

Poor Ruby, I hope you can find where she is bleeding from.

I would keep her indoors and syringe feed her every 2-3 hours until she starts eating herself. It may take a few hours for her to start eating again on her own. Your best bet is to try to tempt her with all her favourite foods, put them in front of her and she may start nibbling on her own.

Lots of vibes

FC xx

Thanks frisky Clover.

It's going to be a long night I think. I've managed to syringe 5ml into her and I've bough both of them in for the night. He's in the big hutch, she's in the temporary one. Fortunately the conservatory isn't hot tonight

I'm a bit worried about her so I hope she's going to be ok. :cry:

Awww chick. My Jess had stasis at the beginning of the week and it was awful, I was sooo upset. Get him to the vets. I took mine to the animal hospital and he got fab treatment and looks like he is on the mend now. Sendin lots of hugs, kisses and vibes to both of you xxx

:love:

Back