• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

First time let loose in the garden

xx-lou-xx

Young Bun
Finally had time today to go around and finish bunny-proofing the garden. So Charlie comes out of his hutch and the first thing he decides to explore is.......... the kitchen! :roll:
After a minute or so he finally decides to explore the garden that i've spent ages preparing.
All goes well for the first 10-15 minutes then he decides to try and see if he can swim in the pond.I thought he may just have a sniff and hop away as he did before but he had managed to get his front paws in when i ran over and scooped him up.... nearly gave me a heart attack! :shock:
Other than that he loved the run around!

Any ideas of what i could use to cover the pond with?

:lol::lol::lol:

:lol: barmy bunny - aren't they all? :rolleyes: You could maybe (depending what your pond is like) make a wooden frame and staple some cage mesh to it, then just pop it over the pond when he's out?

AT DIY stores or garden centres they sell a green mesh with very small holes, that you use to keep the sun off your greenhouse roof.
It's nice and sturdy, and if you attach a frame you can make it so that it sits a few inches higher than the rim so that frogs/newts etc can still get in and out:D

I use the same stuff as fly screen for my shed doors.

just had an idea!...
ive got an old metal run that i not longer use...its one of the ones made up of several metal wire panels that join together, i may try putting one of those over the top of the pond when he's out.

Back