• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Close shave :-(

Rabbers

Mama Doe
Yesterday morning i was getting ready and heard the door bell go. I didn't get it as I was getting ready and not decent.

I later saw a kid looking over my garden wall but then they went away and that was that.
I put the rabbits in with their breakfast and went to work.

When I got in from work my neighbour came over to say that one of my rabbits was out this morning - in the front! He had escaped! And these people were trying to locate where it had come from. They'd caught him and my neighbour recognised him and somehow they had put him back in the garden for me - that's when I must have seen the kid over the wall.

I quickly found where he had got out - it was the tiniest gap under the gate which is normally bricked up and with lots of flower pots in the way. Somehow they'd been moved slightly and he'd squeezed through. This must have happened so quickly as I let the buns out for a run when i get up, then I get ready - checking on them from the window. I'd seen them out what seems like minutes before the door bell went. So he couldn't have got far thank god. Thanks goodness he was found and put back safe and sound and everything turned out ok.
I can't believe that when I went out about 10mins later to put them in for the day, he'd escaped and I hadn't known! He wasn't bothered in the slightest!
I don't know who these people were and I'd love to know to say thanks and also to let them know that I don't go out with the buns running free. They must think I'm irresponsible and now I keep waiting for the RSPCA to visit :-(

OMG! dont feel bad although that was very lucky.

i let charlie out when i first got him once and totally forgot about him. i came back an hour later and he had scaled the garden wall and gone into the neighbour's alley. although i didnt know that at the time and so was running around nottingham in my pyjamas asking everyone i saw if they'd seen "a *sniff* little *sniff* white *sniff* rabbit"... :oops:

eventually i found him having the time of his life. i have never squeezed him so hard befopre or since :lol:

i felt like the worst mummy in the world but i too was very lucky.

and now you know where he got out you can solve the problem :)

Thanks both of you - I just feel everyone in the road is thinking I'm irrespoinsible. It's horrible :-( Especially the next door neighbour.

my next door neighbour knocked on my window once and thank goodness he did - all 5 of my girls were out on the front, next to a busy road :shock: I nearly died of shock but thank God I managed with a broom, to shepherd them all back down the passageway and onto the patio again :roll: They had squeezed through a 3" gap in the gate would you believe :shock:

Back