• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Help! What should i do?

Claire19

New Kit
Its been a week and my 2 rabbits arent drinking there water,they only take a little bit and leave the rest. Should i give them vegables and wet grass? Could it be there teeth thats the problem?

Hiya,

Have they got a water bottle or a bowl? If it's a bottle then it could be a problem with that so try a bowl too.

Rabbits will drink different quantities depending on what they are eating. When they only have dry food a medium sized rabbit may drink 200mls per day. When they have greens or grass they may drink 50ml (these are only very rough guides based on my bunnies intake).

Veg & grass is good for bunnies so introducing it to their diet is a good idea. You need to do so gradually though. Start with very small quantities and not too many different types at once. Rabbits shouldn't have sudden diet changes :)

It certainly wouldn't hurt to get them a once over at the vet either :)

Tam

Hiya

Both drink from 2 new bottles, tried giving it to them in bowels they just knock it over, i heard unsweetened apple juice or pineapple juice might work? Should i use a syringe

Its been a week and my 2 rabbits arent drinking there water,they only take a little bit and leave the rest. Should i give them vegables and wet grass? Could it be there teeth thats the problem?

Dont give them wet grass it will upset their stomachs.You could wet their veg though as my vet recommended this when i needed to get extra fluids in B:D

Vet also recommended filling her water bottle with a third pineapple juiceto 2thirds water.This was to tempt more fluids into B and as it was acidic it helped with her bladder problems.

If they have access to a bowl of water and choose not to drink and aren't showing any symptoms of ill health then I wouldn't worry. They must be getting enough water from their diet :)

Juice is good for tempting poorly buns but not good for use allt he time as it's bad for the teeth and will go off quickly in hot weather .

Juice is good for tempting poorly buns but not good for use allt he time as it's bad for the teeth and will go off quickly in hot weather .[/QUOTE]

I agree,Barley was having renal problems at the time.
Tamsin,i was looking to buy1of your tee shirts[the £20+ ones]Its white with coloured short sleeves and says'bunny mummy' could you tell me what size is best for me-small or medium?Im usually a size 10.:D

Thanks everyone

Thanks everyone. I got 1 of my rabbits to drink her water but my other rabbit still wont drink her water. They both seem fine very active and alert. The vets where im from dont usually deal with rabbits. They seem to like wet carrots i only give them 1 piece each.

My rabbits don't seem to drink at all. They are very healthy, have veg morning and night and are on grass for about 5 hours a day. I assume they get all the fluid they need from the grass and veg,

As Tamsin said if they are healthy then you probably don't need to worry.

I guess im be overprotective :) Ill get them checked out just in case there is something wrong and ill try the unsweetened juice. Thanks for your help every 1 :)

I guess im being overprotective :) Ill get them checked out just in case there is something wrong and ill try the unsweetened juice. Thanks for your help every 1 :)

Back