• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Nethies

I think my Tarquin is quite laid-back. He does get startled if he hears something, but then so does Bella, and he's pretty relaxed most of the time.

He's my first nethie so can't compare. He spends loads of time lying on his back with his feet in the air so I don't think he's a nervie bunny.

Mine is very very nervous and ive had her over a year. i think it's just the way she is and don't think she's ever gonna change. s She might be 'on the edge' and jittery but she's defo the boss when it comes down to it!!

Lisa x

OMG Roxy is not skittish or nervous. She is quick and busy but she runs up to you as soon as you are in the room pestering you for food. If she was a dog she'd be a jack russell. She truly is bonkers. Although she is a cross though so I don't know whether she got the best (or worst!) of both.

OMG Roxy is not skittish or nervous. She is quick and busy but she runs up to you as soon as you are in the room pestering you for food. If she was a dog she'd be a jack russell. She truly is bonkers. Although she is a cross though so I don't know whether she got the best (or worst!) of both.

Mine is a cross too, and is friendly and nosey towards me so know that she is capable, just trying to work out if her behaviour is normal, or whether she is constantly nervous because of her partner, Pickle.

:shock:Goodness, where on earth did you get roller blades in his size??;)

:lol: :lol: :lol: Can just see a little nethie on rollerblades whizzing about - though T can't half get moving on his own, he doesn't need any help :shock: :lol:

LOL, i stepped into that one! actually he sits i my top pocket in my leather jacket with his head and front paws popping out looking as the world goes by very fast since im a speed skater.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

I did imagine that when I saw Raven's first post, but thought she might think I was taking the pee if I commented :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Great image to have though - and maybe we can get a piccie of the laid back nethie in your top pocket whilst you are skating, Raven????

Would love to see that!

I've just read a bit of the other thread. Could you perhaps try to re-bond them? Get them on neautral territory. I was amazed when I tried to bond mine into a trio how much their characters changed (for the worse). it does sound like yours have never properly settled.

I've not read your other thread but Rosie my nethie is very skittish and will fly away when startled but I think that is just the sort of bunny she is.

She is quite happily bonded with my lot who are much bigger than her but she does like to have her own space to hide if it all gets too much. At first when I put them together I wasn't sure if it was working as honey was quite mardy with her & I didn't think Rosie was too happy. Now however she is still flightly but likes to have a snuggle with them on her terms, binkies, rolls over on her back & likes to chill out.....she's even taken to sitting on my boyfriends lap :shock: However if one of the buns moves to quickly she's still off like a rocket and spent an hour thumping and squeeking last night because she saw a cat but I think thats just her, wouldn't matter which bunny she was with.

with mine it depends on his mood:lol: People have commented on how friendly he is but sometimes he runs and hides if there's someone new around and other times he'll try and sniff their feet (think i have a bit of a kinky bunny- he has a thing for feet and shoes!:shock:) Occasionally if he's doing something wrong like trying to bite the skirting boards i can physically try and move him and he won't budge will look at me like i'm crazy and just carry on!:lol:

I believe it comes a lot from how they are bred.
In the past, nethies may have been skittish, and these lines remain today, but as long as only calm good natured animals are used in breeding you should be able to get a calm nethie:D
I have a nethie-cross, I wouldn't call her skittish, she's more like...territorial and aggressive:roll: (Nethie+lop dwarf)

I think RusselRocky has laid back nethies, well they all seem to be laid back.:D

Correct they are quite laid back, Billy can be skittish when he is playing but only then really, and so long as I am not in the kitchen during that time her doesnt get startled, he is funny and goes in there for a binky.
Lucy is a princess and spends most of her time begging for her dried pineapple treat, and Jive is young but still quite laid back. She has started begging too... :roll: And I cant resist :lol::roll:

But I would try re-bonding them if you are seriously worried. But then it might be something else for example slight sight/hearing problems that make her a little more skittish?? Have you had her checked for this?? :)

Back