• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Differences between netherland dwarf & holland lop?!?

snownation

New Kit
im about to get a new bun, this time a holland lop, after having 2 netherland dwarf buns b4. im hoping a holland lop will be a little hardier, or something, than my previous buns. but anyway is there any big differences between the two either good or bad? on holland lops' ears do they require special cleaning since theyre bigger & longer? for anyone that has holland lops do they seem generally friendly & do they do a lot of licking? or does it just depend upon the individual bun. my first bun adriana woulda lick anywhere for as long as u would let her, and my 2nd bun yuna would only really lick my arm when we sat together, or my nose a few times but only if she was in her cage and i bent down to her, she never licked my nose when we sat on the couch together. so im hoping my new bun will be very friendly :) also anything in particular that i should look for when i pick out a bun, healthwise? thanks!!!!

Where are you located? We don't have Holland Lops in the UK. Just America.
Here, the mini lop is the smallest lop, then the dwarf lop is a bigger.
In America, the smallest is the Holland Lop, and the Mini lop is bigger. Confused? :p I think that's right, German lop comes into it somewhere too I think.. :? :lol:

The personality really does just depend on the bunny. :)

There isn't much difference in them really, lops are more prone to tooth problems due to the shape of their face. If you want a healthy rabbit the best place to go is a good rescue where you'll be able to find out the full medical details. :)

holland lop is the UK's dwarf lop. so i am told.

i think in general, the majority of dwarf lops are generally laid back and placid. i know my 2 boys are! but every bunny is different, but i think netherlands are a bit more highly strung than dwarf lops.

i adore dwarf lops!

im in illinois, i think the holland lop is the smallest of the lops. i am going to get a girl bun from some breeder in the general area here. i think its generally the smaller the bun the more hyper they can be, and they always say netherland dwarf buns arent always good 'lap pets' but i think any pet or probably any animal as long as you spend time with it will be a good pet, my 2 buns sat in my lap or with me on the arm of the couch for hours everyday. my first bun adriana came from a pet store and did some nipping, and my 2nd bun yuna came from someone in the country, and she never nipped once, even if she went under her ledge in her cage i could just reach under there and slide her out & she wouldnt even nip from under there. adriana could be more protective when she was in her cage, but she was never spade either so that mighta had something to do with it. but anyway im anxious to get a new bun!

Back