• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bond broken? Help! :/

vengeful.veggie

Alpha Buck
Benjamin and Verity seem like they're madly in love. They're always snuggling, grooming and do everything together. Suddenly, a few minutes ago, he started chasing her and they ran around manically till i seperated them. A bit of fur was pulled I think as there's a little on the carpet.

What happened? The humping stopped early on and he does it VERY occaisonally, for a few seconds then moves.

I sprayed them with the water bottle, stroked Benjamin and picked up Verity and gave her a cuddle (benjamin refuses to be picked up).

Now they're snuggling and grooming again :/ Help?

Humping, chasing and fur pulling is all part of bonding as long as they are not locked on to each other they should be left alone, if they lock on they should be pulled apart for a few seconds and then released.

They've been bonded over a month though. And it's the only incident since the first week they were together, when then all there was was a little humping.

Their bond sounds far from broken. One month in is still early days in their relationship and the chasing, humping and fur pulling is all normal, as Janice said. My pairs have been together a few months and they still do this, despite being very bonded. If you search the posts on here you'll see even buns who have been together a long time still display these behaviours occasionally, especially in spring it seems.. Claire

Providing they are both neutered/spayed, it's probably just a lover's tiff. It's a relatively new bond, but sounds like it's going ok to me:D

Back