• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

playpens

Pens

I got both mine from www.vagavalley.co.uk. You'll have to have a look about the site to find them. I think there's a page which describes the playpen's and there is a link directly through the word to the page. And their fab!!!;)

I got mine off ebay. It was a good price and it can be used to make any shape as they are 8 individual panels. I havent used mine for a while as my bun has free range of the house now and the new addition goes outside in a run through the day until hes neutered then Ill house train him.

Me too - I have them round the cage so they've got more space.

They're also very useful round the bed to stop mischief-making bunnies going under the bed and refusing to come back out :lol: (though you have to be careful getting into and out of bed as they're slightly higher than the edge of the bed :lol:) The bruises on my legs show I've still not quite got the knack :lol:

I got both mine from www.vagavalley.co.uk. You'll have to have a look about the site to find them. I think there's a page which describes the playpen's and there is a link directly through the word to the page. And their fab!!!;)

actually ive just ordered the 8sided 1off there and have been talking to Karen who was very helpful..Have you attached it to a cage?if so,how did you get on with it?Have any buns managed to escape from it?

actually ive just ordered the 8sided 1off there and have been talking to Karen who was very helpful..Have you attached it to a cage?if so,how did you get on with it?Have any buns managed to escape from it?

Ive used the same attached to a dog crate :) I used cable ties :) Hope tis helps.

I removed the door of the pen and attached it to the opening of the cage with trimmed cable ties. When you clean out the cages i just add new cable ties. Jess can escape from it but only through the cage, not the pen. He stands up on his hind legs, pushes open the trapdoor and jumps through. Too bloody clever for my liking!!! The pens are fab and really worth the money. Tomorrow i'll put a picture of my set up on this thread for you. OH isn't here and he sorts out all the technological stuff!!!

Lisa:wave:

It'd be a good 'un if it could!! My Jess is too big and too clever for his own good...and he's not managed it! Like i said, ill put a pic on here tomorrow and you can see. The pen's perfect. I bought one for each of my bonded pairs. They deliver quickly too

Lisa:D

I removed the door of the pen and attached it to the opening of the cage with trimmed cable ties. When you clean out the cages i just add new cable ties. Jess can escape from it but only through the cage, not the pen. He stands up on his hind legs, pushes open the trapdoor and jumps through. Too bloody clever for my liking!!! The pens are fab and really worth the money. Tomorrow i'll put a picture of my set up on this thread for you. OH isn't here and he sorts out all the technological stuff!!!

Lisa:wave:

Thankyou.Another thing i thought of will it scratch my laminate floor?As much as i love B i love my house too which is why im getting pen.Shes been free range in the downstairs lounge and shower room but shes weeing more[she has diuretic foods]on my sofa and now the flooring under sofa is bubbling.Ive been caging her overnight but her cage is far to small,hence the pen until she forgets about the sofa!!!:lol:

:censored:the one ive ordered is 61cm high but it was a french lop breeder who uses it for hers and i guess as they are heavier they shouldn't be able to jump that but B is a small frenchie with more energy than most so lets hope she doesn't attempt it.Doesn't matter if she jumps out but i dont want her to hurt herself.

Hopefully your bun doesn't bother trying to jump out, Elsie (who did) is far more energetic than Jess, she has done floor to windowsil jumps and jumped on to the back of armchairs. Jess hasn't even tried, but then her favourite past time is doing nothing :lol: Depends what your bun is like for jumping :D

we turned our sofas to face the wall to stop her going on it and she worked out in 5mins that if she jumps over the arms she can still get on!!!She never jumps on her cage but does like to jump on the tv stand but these things are hopefully lower than the pen!

Back