• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

frame this picture? + DSLR help

coco1200

Warren Veteran
what do you guys think of this picture?
i i think it would make a nice picture on the wall.
its kinda artsy, but the camera is rubbish so piccy is not that great

(canon ixus 75 :cry:)

ab5g91.jpg

also, can someone reccomend me a good, cheap DSLR???
(max of about £200) :oops::oops:

Hey I don't think it's bad at all, the Ixus 75 is a great little camera considering it's a compact :)

You'll be hard pushed to find a DLSR for £200 but it might be worth looking at a second hand one on ebay. You can get the Nikon D40 on amazon for around £275 - I recommend it, my dad has one and I have the D60, although they are virtually the same (except the price :rolleyes:).

I have the IXUS 950 and I think it's great :D

It looks like you had the macro setting on tho so you got great gravel but fuzzy bunny... which is fine for arty prints but no so good it you were trying to get a bunny shot :)

Hey I don't think it's bad at all, the Ixus 75 is a great little camera considering it's a compact :)

You'll be hard pushed to find a DLSR for £200 but it might be worth looking at a second hand one on ebay. You can get the Nikon D40 on amazon for around £275 - I recommend it, my dad has one and I have the D60, although they are virtually the same (except the price :rolleyes:).

yea it probably will be second hand actually.
actually come to think of it will it not be alot cheaper in the US?
going there soon, so might as well get one there!!
ive heard the nikons are a great range. i think the lense if bought seperatley would cost more than the body, if im correct!! :lol:

I have the IXUS 950 and I think it's great :D

It looks like you had the macro setting on tho so you got great gravel but fuzzy bunny... which is fine for arty prints but no so good it you were trying to get a bunny shot :)

yea it was supposed to get the gravel :D
thought i'd try something different :lol:

I bought a new camera the other day and its FAB, Kodak Easyshare V1253 :D:D:D
I like it and it was £129.99 from PCworld. Good price. And its 12MP.

:D:D:D:D

Have you thought of a cross between a compact and a slr? We have a Pansonic DMC-FZ7 which was £150 at the time, but now even cheaper. Takes fantastic pics, has 12x optical zoom, loads of settings......

Have you thought of a cross between a compact and a slr? We have a Pansonic DMC-FZ7 which was £150 at the time, but now even cheaper. Takes fantastic pics, has 12x optical zoom, loads of settings......

That's true, I also have a Sony H5 (7.2 MP and 12 optical zoom) and it's a great compramise between a DSLR and a compact. They are around £120 on ebay.

whats an slr :oops::oops::oops:

i like the pic :D:D

Single Lens Reflex (Digital if it's DSLR)

ETA:
Wikipedia: single-lens reflex (SLR) camera uses an automatic moving mirror system which permits the photographer to see exactly what will be captured by the film or digital imaging system, as opposed to non-SLR cameras where the view through the viewfinder could be significantly different from what was captured on film.

Last edited:
Have you thought of a cross between a compact and a slr?

hmm, no i havent...
what are they like?
i wouldnt mind an SLR either.
one thing that really bugs me about compacts is the shutter speed

i have one of those film SLRS, (vintage :lol:) but it has digital reading, and the picture quality is amazing - really brilliant pictures when they were developed!!

i have a digital camera with the picture viewed on the back.. is that an SLR then?

No, an SLR uses a mirror that reflects the exact image you will capture from the lens to the viewfinder (the hole you look through). Compacts work in a different way, often with older compacts the image you see is slightly higher than the one that will be capture because the viewfinder is simply a hole through the camera's body and it is higher than the lens.

In new digital compacts I think that the image you see on the LCD is the image that is being transferred to the CCD image sensor, but unlike the SLR there is no mirror involved. I *think* that digital compacts take three images, one in each primary colour, in very quick succession to build the colour of the image. The CCD in an SLR records a single image that is transferred to it when the mirror lifts and lets the light in.

Although don't take my word for any of the above, I may sound like I know what I'm talking about, but I really don't! :rolleyes: :lol:

i love my canon (even though it cost me a bomb! and i paid way too much for it so i could buy it over a year :roll: )

before that i had a fuji finepix s7000 not an SLR but a damn good camera! fantastic pics there are loads on here taken from it although the more recent ones would have been taken on the canon

I'd personally crop the bottom of the image so you have two focal points as such - the crispness of the gravel with the bunny in the background, I think having it blurry-focused-blurry detracts the attention from the bun a bit

Have a look at some of these for cameras.
Panasonic Lumix You could look on Ebay for any Panny Lumix Camera's Ideally one with Anti Shake

This Panny 8.2mp £149 (£50 off)

Both these are on 7 Day Shop

If you are prepared to take a risk you could get a refurbished camer from Cameras2u This link shows Fujifilms and Panasonics

S5800 £105

S5800 £112

Personally I would give this Fuji S5700 Refurbished for £120 a good look, but you will have to factor in the cost of a memory card. Is built like the Pro SLR's (so to speak) and has a decent macro as Elve has mentioned. If that is some thing that you would be into. Has the added benefit of a dual mem card so will take xd & sd cards.

Last edited:
I'd personally crop the bottom of the image so you have two focal points as such - the crispness of the gravel with the bunny in the background, I think having it blurry-focused-blurry detracts the attention from the bun a bit

i agree actually
2r20n0m.jpg

looks alot better?
i think so!!

Have a look at some of these for cameras.
Panasonic Lumix You could look on Ebay for any Panny Lumix Camera's Ideally one with Anti Shake

This Panny 8.2mp £149 (£50 off)

Both these are on 7 Day Shop

If you are prepared to take a risk you could get a refurbished camer from Cameras2u This link shows Fujifilms and Panasonics

S5800 £105

S5800 £112

Personally I would give this Fuji S5700 Refurbished for £120 a good look, but you will have to factor in the cost of a memory card. Is built like the Pro SLR's (so to speak) and has a decent macro as Elve has mentioned. If that is some thing that you would be into. Has the added benefit of a dual mem card so will take xd & sd cards.

oooh thanks!
i think im going to look at these long and hard, and other cameras, and decide which one to get

does anyone know of one with a 1/250s shutter speed or quicker?

thanks!!

according to specs S7000

Shutter Speed

Auto / SP: 1/4 sec. to 1/2000 sec. SP (night scene mode only): 3 sec. to 1/250 sec. P/S/A: 3 sec. to 1/1000 sec. Manual: 15 sec. to 1/10000

*cough cough* (you may guess that i reeeally like this camera :lol: )

Back