• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I am sad

jackiestone

Warren Veteran
Just taken my 3 buns to my friends house for her to care for them whilst we are on holiday tomorrow.She has 2 bunnies and 6 pggies of her own,separate of course.They are in hutches in her garage,with my 3 there is not much room,although she has a big garden and runs to put them in.My pair wont fall out will they if they can smell or see other animals??

Hiya Jackie.

All buns can behave differently when other rabbits are around. Baring in mind that when people use commercial boarding facilities they will almost certainly be within earshot and smelling distance of other rabbits, it doesn't normally cause a problem. When a pair/group of bunnies are in unfamiliar surroundings, it is almost certainly the case that they tend to stick together more than they would normally as the relationship is the only security that they have.

That's not to say that bunnies aren't upset by unfamiliar rabbit friends being around. My two rexes often start grumbling at each other when we have a foster bunny or a boarding bunny in, but, of course they are in their own territory and so are protecting what's theirs.

I shouldn't worry to be honest, provided they aren't going to be exercised too close together at the same time.

It's always hard to leave bunnies when you go on holiday (haven't had a holiday myself in over 3 years now but know what stress owners feel when they leave their beloved pets with me when they go on theirs).

If you trust your friend, then I really shouldn't worry. Have a great holiday and we'll see you when you get back!:D

Helen

Back