• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Dust free hay

Indiechic

Wise Old Thumper
I think ikm going to start the buns on this, how long does a large bale last?

I have 2 buns at the minute, soon to be 3 poss 4.

Thanks x

I think ikm going to start the buns on this, how long does a large bale last?

I have 2 buns at the minute, soon to be 3 poss 4.

Thanks x

I bought a large bale and if the box I stored it in hadn't flooded :roll:, it would have lasted my two rabbits at least 2-3months.

I now buy it in bags because it is easier for me to store and transport that way.

I bought 2 large bags a couple of months ago. The 2 bags have lasted me 9 weeks for 4 buns.

My four are all huge hay munchers though and eats loads and loads of the dust free hay because it sooooo good :D

I always buy a large bail which lasts my six about a month.
That said the last bale I had was horrible, the hay was really brown and smelt funny. This month I bought oxbow timothy hay from The Hay Experts which is fantasticly green but expensive. I presume my bad bale was a one off, i've never had problems before, and I will be ordering from Dust Free Hay as normal next month.

I've got one of the bales and it doesn't take up too much space as it's long rather than wide - fits nicely into the corner in the buns' room.

My bale seems to be lasting me forever. Bell and T get fresh hay twice a day and they started it the middle of February and there's still plenty left. They do also get some oat hay and Readigrass, but it's still lasting way longer than I thought it would.

Right, my two never fussed over pah timothy... they both eat meadow... should i just get meadow then i can use it everywhere then just get a grassy hay from the pet shop?

decision descision x

is it really well compressed?

xx

I think it must be seeing as it seems to be taking forever to go down :lol: :lol: My buns love it - I've got the meadow hay but it does have some timothy in it. I've always had timothy before but because T is more fussy with hay I went for meadow and both love it. It looks and smells really fresh and doesn't take up loads of space like the boxed stuff I used to get.

I'm sure Marsha and Bailey will love it :D

Are the large bales better value for money then?

The 5 boxes I bought when Helen did the hay run have nearly gone:shock:

Are the large bales better value for money then?

The 5 boxes I bought when Helen did the hay run have nearly gone:shock:

Have you got four buns Nicola? I made a note when my two started theirs - it was 10th February and I would say there's still at least another month or so - never having had the boxes from there before I can't compare but I'm amazed at how it keeps going.

i have only got the small ones cos mine like the soft and the big was only stalky when I last ordered. 10 bales (About 20 kg & £40) last my 2.5 bunnies about two months. I go through one small one every week roughly.

brilliant!! I shall order i think...

nicks home next week so ill make him stay in!!

xxx

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I did ask for mine to be left which perhaps isn't always a good idea with the weather we can get but luckily they delivered it on a dry day. My neighbours thought it was highly amusing seeing this massive sack leaning against the back door :lol:

I go through aound ten bags every five week.I have three bunnies and three piggies who love it:D

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I did ask for mine to be left which perhaps isn't always a good idea with the weather we can get but luckily they delivered it on a dry day. My neighbours thought it was highly amusing seeing this massive sack leaning against the back door :lol:

I have ordered a big bag of meadow

woop i am so EXCITED x

Back