PDA

View Full Version : Dust free hay

Indiechic
22-05-2008, 01:54 PM
I think ikm going to start the buns on this, how long does a large bale last?

I have 2 buns at the minute, soon to be 3 poss 4.

Thanks x

FriskyClover
22-05-2008, 01:58 PM
I think ikm going to start the buns on this, how long does a large bale last?

I have 2 buns at the minute, soon to be 3 poss 4.

Thanks x

I bought a large bale and if the box I stored it in hadn't flooded :roll:, it would have lasted my two rabbits at least 2-3months.

I now buy it in bags because it is easier for me to store and transport that way.

Shell
22-05-2008, 01:59 PM
I bought 2 large bags a couple of months ago. The 2 bags have lasted me 9 weeks for 4 buns.

My four are all huge hay munchers though and eats loads and loads of the dust free hay because it sooooo good :D

Pink Badger
22-05-2008, 05:21 PM
I always buy a large bail which lasts my six about a month.
That said the last bale I had was horrible, the hay was really brown and smelt funny. This month I bought oxbow timothy hay from The Hay Experts which is fantasticly green but expensive. I presume my bad bale was a one off, i've never had problems before, and I will be ordering from Dust Free Hay as normal next month.

Indiechic
22-05-2008, 06:15 PM
ok... think i will do this then. how much space will one of his large things take up?

silly q really.

kimd6200
22-05-2008, 06:22 PM
:oops:wat does dust free hay look like?i get a bale from my local farm so dont know wat hay it is?x:oops:

Becca6
22-05-2008, 08:10 PM
I've got one of the bales and it doesn't take up too much space as it's long rather than wide - fits nicely into the corner in the buns' room.

My bale seems to be lasting me forever. Bell and T get fresh hay twice a day and they started it the middle of February and there's still plenty left. They do also get some oat hay and Readigrass, but it's still lasting way longer than I thought it would.

Indiechic
22-05-2008, 08:15 PM
is it really well compressed?

xx

Indiechic
22-05-2008, 08:24 PM
Right, my two never fussed over pah timothy... they both eat meadow... should i just get meadow then i can use it everywhere then just get a grassy hay from the pet shop?

decision descision x

cavysrock
22-05-2008, 08:29 PM
If anybody ever needs any, they are just up the road from us, we may be able to deliver around abit :wave:

Becca6
22-05-2008, 08:30 PM
is it really well compressed?

xx

I think it must be seeing as it seems to be taking forever to go down :lol: :lol: My buns love it - I've got the meadow hay but it does have some timothy in it. I've always had timothy before but because T is more fussy with hay I went for meadow and both love it. It looks and smells really fresh and doesn't take up loads of space like the boxed stuff I used to get.

I'm sure Marsha and Bailey will love it :D

TheGaffer
22-05-2008, 08:30 PM
Are the large bales better value for money then?

The 5 boxes I bought when Helen did the hay run have nearly gone:shock:

Becca6
22-05-2008, 08:32 PM
Are the large bales better value for money then?

The 5 boxes I bought when Helen did the hay run have nearly gone:shock:

Have you got four buns Nicola? I made a note when my two started theirs - it was 10th February and I would say there's still at least another month or so - never having had the boxes from there before I can't compare but I'm amazed at how it keeps going.

ecudc
22-05-2008, 08:34 PM
i have only got the small ones cos mine like the soft and the big was only stalky when I last ordered. 10 bales (About 20 kg & 40) last my 2.5 bunnies about two months. I go through one small one every week roughly.

Indiechic
22-05-2008, 09:04 PM
how quick is delivery?

xxx

Becca6
22-05-2008, 09:09 PM
how quick is delivery?

xxx

I think mine came well within a week - I think around three or four days from ordering it.

Indiechic
22-05-2008, 09:10 PM
I think mine came well within a week - I think around three or four days from ordering it.

brilliant!! I shall order i think...

nicks home next week so ill make him stay in!!

xxx

Becca6
22-05-2008, 09:12 PM
brilliant!! I shall order i think...

nicks home next week so ill make him stay in!!

xxx

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I did ask for mine to be left which perhaps isn't always a good idea with the weather we can get but luckily they delivered it on a dry day. My neighbours thought it was highly amusing seeing this massive sack leaning against the back door :lol:

Becca
22-05-2008, 09:29 PM
I go through aound ten bags every five week.I have three bunnies and three piggies who love it:D

Indiechic
22-05-2008, 09:39 PM
:lol: :lol: :lol:

I did ask for mine to be left which perhaps isn't always a good idea with the weather we can get but luckily they delivered it on a dry day. My neighbours thought it was highly amusing seeing this massive sack leaning against the back door :lol:

I have ordered a big bag of meadow

woop i am so EXCITED x

holidayhutch
22-05-2008, 09:39 PM
A large bale lasts ages here even with all the boarders. Gaffer the large bales hold the equivalent of 7-8 of the smaller bags and are 18 if you colect them rather than 26 if they are delivered.