• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I realised this week that I'm now a 'regular' at my vets...

FriskyClover

Warren Veteran
I'm not sure whether that is good or bad:lol:!

Here's how I know:

-When I ring up, they don't ask for my address.

- They don't ask my name anymore, they just tell me to sit down.

- They ask how my other pets are.

- They know which rabbit is which without asking.

- I know the vets and nurses by name!

They have also rebuilt half the surgery since I've been going, probably with my contributions:lol:. It's a good job they're good vets and I like them!

At the vets where I work we make a point to get to know people and ask all the questions above, however I've only been there 2 weeks and I already know who a couple of people are!!!:lol:

I got all that...now I get the receptionists saying hello when I bump into them at Tesco/the pub/the highstreet etc :shock:

I haven't been to the vets quite so much lately. I will know I have finally got somewhere when they stop recognising my voice on the phone! :lol:

I don't have to tell my vets my name anymore either. If I ring they reconise my voice :oops:. They ask how my kids are as well. Think I spend too much time in there. :lol:

If I see one in the supermarket they say hi. Its like seeing a friend until you hear how much the friendship has cost you! :shock: :lol:

We have a lot of regulars at our vets too, several people who I know on sight and have booked them in on the computer as soon as they walk through the door.

On the other end of the scale you have people who phone up and say "it's about Max" (or other common name) and then seem really offended when you have to ask for their surname or other details!! Most of the time when you call up the records these are people who haven't been for months!

We were so well known at the vets, they offered me a job.:lol:
And I took it, staff discount is very useful.

We were so well known at the vets, they offered me a job.:lol:
And I took it, staff discount is very useful.

I would love staff discount, actually any discount (although sometimes they take pity on me and don't charge me for check ups if it's after 3 days treatment for GI Stasis with Smokey)!

:lol: I thought I was bad, they don't ask my name any more. They all seem to have a soft spot for Mo too.

I had this when I had a really poorly kitty, we were there everyday for a month *yey for insurance!*

It's not the same now as there are new nurses and stuff, same vets which is coolio!

It's like a whole other set of friends!

H xx

I'm not sure whether that is good or bad:lol:!

Here's how I know:

-When I ring up, they don't ask for my address.

- They don't ask my name anymore, they just tell me to sit down.

- They ask how my other pets are.

- They know which rabbit is which without asking.

- I know the vets and nurses by name!

They have also rebuilt half the surgery since I've been going, probably with my contributions:lol:. It's a good job they're good vets and I like them!

:lol: Yes this happens to me too, when I ring up they say, Is that Miss Dean? And when I go in they say, Hi How are you, please take a seat!!!

:lol:

I also get that in my vets.

The other day I realised I needed some Rearguard and I pass a sister practice of the same vets company I go to on my way to work every day, so rather than travel 30 minutes out my way thought I would just pick some up over the counter from here. However they said "No, that wasn't possible" so I rang my vets and said "Hi, its Leanne, I need some Rearguard and Hartford practice won't give it me without your permission". The nurse immediately recognised my voice and was saying it was ok before I had even finished the sentence and said "No worries. I will tell them we know you well" :roll::lol: She didn't ask me my address, animal's name or anything ! :shock::lol:

I know the feeling well, we don't need to announce ourselves at the desk anymore, I finally realised last year how much time we must spend there when the vet sent me a Xmas card!!!!!! He also recently commented that I must work just to pay his wages!!!!!

I'm a 'regular' as well - at least once a week! I am known as 'rabbit Katie' :lol: and they know my voice when i ring :lol:

Back