• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

2 questions: lavender and neutering

Squizz

Alpha Buck
Hi,

1. I had two boys neutered yesterday. It all went fine, but the vet said to bring them back in a week to remove the stitch and check they're OK. When I had my other boy bun neteured they didn't say that, and I'm sure he removed the stitch himself. Does anyone else go back to get the stitch removed? Our vets has been sold to Medivet, prices have gone up and I'm worried this is a bit of a con - plus (and more importantly) I don't want to stress the buns out with unecessary vet trips.

2. I read on line that lavender is a good herb to give to rabbits (a good pain reliever). Has anyone tried this before I start attacking my lavender bushes?

Did the boys have metacam or other pain relief after their op? There are a number of beneficial herbs and plants that contain pain relieving and anti-inflamatory properties, but as with any meds ( prescription or otherwise) it's the contra indications that you need to be mindful of. Plus of course any change in diet should be slow, so anything different should be in small quantities first.

If you want to try natural pain relief and anti-inflamatories, I'd just give the vets a quick call to make sure there are are no contra's with any meds they've given already.:D

Back