• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

What I found in my bag of hay..

Shell

Alpha Buck
This morning I opened a bag of hay that I had bought from a pet shop a couple of weeks ago. I grabbed a handful of hay and felt something hard :? It was a rabbit's leg :shock: :shock: :shock:

Luckily I had some other hay so gave that to the buns instead. I daren't look through the rest of the bag incase there is something else in there! :( I had been warned that you sometimes find dead mice in hay but never expected to find that! I think I'll be sticking to dust free hay from now on.

aww gross! I guess its just a dried up bone but even so you can't know what germs it may have.

I threw it on the floor in the shed and it is still there. I will have to move it when I get home.

aww gross! I guess its just a dried up bone but even so you can't know what germs it may have.

Yeah it was flat and dried up but was brown and hairy :(

I will dispose of it when I get home along with the rest of the hay in the bag :)

Yeuch! :shock: My OH found half a dead frog the other week. I must admit, my first thought was that I was so glad it wasn't me that found it. :oops::lol:

<feeling sorry for the rabbit that got amputated while it was running around in the hay field!

Rabbits bolt quite quickly at noises so I'd guess it was probably already dead - which makes me worry about things like myxi or whatever could've caused it to die..? Not sure whether much is carried on dead rabbits though?

rabbit foot suppose to be good luck

sorry that wasnt helpful i would have been disgusted

we buy our hay from wilkinsons its a large bag for £2, used to buy from pets at home but their prices are daylight roberry

:shock: :shock: :shock: How horrible for you finding that. I once found a head in a bag of hay which was awful - think it was a little shrew or something similar - didn't really look at it too closely :shock: :shock: That was in the days before I got dust free hay.

Back