• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Interacting

CLAREM1

Warren Scout
Just wondering how you interact with your rabbits - our two we only got last saturday are lovely and friendly always come up for a stroke when your feeding them etc but don't seem to want to be picked up which I know is natural for rabbits but I am worried that just having a 10 minute x 2 a day stroke and fuss of them won't be enough. My daughter is dying for a cuddle but for this week I've not let her as I don't want them to get stressed as they are only babies and have had an upheaval already with moving into their new home I just don't want them to not have enough interaction with them that they end up not as friendly what do you think

Ours come out in the garden to play and don't want to have anything to do with us!
When they are in the hutches two will come for fuss (had from babies) and two will leggit (were about 6months when we got them and had had no handling).
When in the house the two that leggit will come and climb all over you.
So with mine depends where we are. They are happy and certainly not wild so I think you just have to find the balance.

I have very little need to pick up B as her cage is on ground level and the door is open all day so she comes and goes as she pleases.Im not into cuddling buns in my arms i always lay on floor with my head on them.As i am writing this i am sat on floor whilst B is sat on sofa with her head against my shoulder.Every now and then i turn and rest my head on hers-this is our way of showing we love each other without the restraints of actually cuddling her.:D

I do everything with mine on floor level. They don't like being picked up particularly, but are incredibly affectionate at their own level. I wouldn't worry too much... Keep on as you are and perhaps increase the floor time you are having with them. Mine like to come and flop out next to me on the floor and cuddle up to me. But just don't like being held or restricted in any way.

2 of mine pretty much have nothing to do with me, only time I touch them is when they get under my feet :roll: My other one wants constant attention and is pretty much always sitting on my lap or following me.

Back