• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

different types of happy tooth purring/grinding?

Lauralou

Warren Veteran
i've noticed that Carlton has two different purrs when he's being fussed - one is a proper grind like a human would do, the other is like ... tap dancing, a really rhythmical chatter.

does anyone know if there's different meanings to happy tooth grinding or not?

Not sure but Roo did the tap dancing one earlier when I gave her nose rubs :love:

And Bobbin has done the quieter one when I've rubbed the back of his ear before :love:

Maybe one is for noses and the other for ears!! :rolleyes: :lol:

Sorry, not much help am I?! :oops:

Not sure but Roo did the tap dancing one earlier when I gave her nose rubs :love:

And Bobbin has done the quieter one when I've rubbed the back of his ear before :love:

Maybe one is for noses and the other for ears!! :rolleyes: :lol:

Sorry, not much help am I?! :oops:

awww, little RooRoo! I'll be conducting tests tomorrow to see if ear and nose rubs produce different sounds! :lol:

lol :D ive just been talkin to my o/h about shauny doing that when im giving him hugs and smooths (5 mins ago!:). it means they are really happy, and content. although ive read that if their doing it all the time it can mean pain, or tooth trouble. its so lush makes me smile every time i get him settled and he starts doing it:).
x

i've noticed that Carlton has two different purrs when he's being fussed - one is a proper grind like a human would do, the other is like ... tap dancing, a really rhythmical chatter.

does anyone know if there's different meanings to happy tooth grinding or not?

sorry to all the post so far, cant delete mine. will teach me to ''skip read''.
x

In bs case the''tap dancing'' 1is when she is in real bliss!Her grinding is a different pitch to what Wills was so i worried she had spurs[she hasn't].I find it quite amusing they have differnt pitches,like us humans!!!:lol:Thankfully ive never heard the painful grind[touch a very large piece of wood]

In bs case the''tap dancing'' 1is when she is in real bliss!Her grinding is a different pitch to what Wills was so i worried she had spurs[she hasn't].I find it quite amusing they have differnt pitches,like us humans!!!:lol:Thankfully ive never heard the painful grind[touch a very large piece of wood]

i love the tap dancing grind! i hope not to experience the painful grind for a looong time.

Back