• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Accommodation... educating prospective owners

honey61

Mama Doe
Would anyone be willing to allow me to use their photos of their indoor & outdoor setups for their buns please?
I am revising the current literature (for a rescue) that is sent out to prospective owners prior to adoption.
I am aiming at creating an informative guide to creating the right environment for both indoor & outdoor buns, as sadly, there have been several homechecks recently, where good advice has been ignored :cry:

There have been some wonderful examples here on RU & I would be grateful if anyone is willing to share them :)

You are welcome to mine if they are what you are looking for.:D
DSCI0347.jpg

Indoor
DSCI0062.jpg

Thank you Maizy :D..... exactly what I am looking for (I remembered seeing your pictures, but couldn't find them :oops:) Could I be cheeky & ask the size, where you purchased, cost etc? If you'd rather pm me with details that would be great :D

You are welcome to any of my piccies :D I have dog kennel runs, playhouses, aviary and hutches. PM if you would like any or search under my name :)

Thank you Maizy :D..... exactly what I am looking for (I remembered seeing your pictures, but couldn't find them :oops:) Could I be cheeky & ask the size, where you purchased, cost etc? If you'd rather pm me with details that would be great :D

Yep no problem.:D The sheds are converted cycle sheds. We bought on line so got a small reduction by purchasing that way ( Think we paid £179 each ) from Walton Garden buildings. They are just short of 7ft wide x 3ft deep and 5ft 10 high. Just been out and measured and they've made up a bit bigger than the dimensions shown on the invoice. We put the floor in quite high so the buns in the bottom hutch get good head room and I have a rex cross in there who can easily stand up on her hind legs and have good old nose at everything :lol: The height on the upper hutch goes right up to the apex, again loads of standing room.:D

Not sure if you've got any indoor examples yet, or if you want any! :lol:

But this is Bobbin and Roo's indoor setup:
2500096458_9d734da0cd.jpg

get large piccy here: link

From above:
2499273169_ff3cec72c3.jpg

large size here: link

Cage: Ferplast Rabbit 140 (140cm x 72 x 48cm) approx £100
Run: NIC grids - available in B&Q, product name Slemcka (product no. 5015772198409) £22 per box (24 grids)

Thank you all... brilliant pics :D
I have to sign off now for the evening.... but will catch up in the morning!

Any & all examples are gratefully recieved.... Thank you :D

Yep no problem.:D The sheds are converted cycle sheds. We bought on line so got a small reduction by purchasing that way ( Think we paid £179 each ) from Walton Garden buildings. They are just short of 7ft wide x 3ft deep and 5ft 10 high. Just been out and measured and they've made up a bit bigger than the dimensions shown on the invoice. We put the floor in quite high so the buns in the bottom hutch get good head room and I have a rex cross in there who can easily stand up on her hind legs and have good old nose at everything :lol: The height on the upper hutch goes right up to the apex, again loads of standing room.:D

I love your converted cycle sheds! Do you leave the doors open or do you close them at night?

You are welcome to use my piccies of my garage/outdoor set-up, something different and an option they may not have thought of? It is great for letting the bunsters have a good run around during winter too.

runmats.jpg

runopen.jpg

picture8.jpg

Cagesideview.jpg

You are welcome to use my piccies of my garage/outdoor set-up, something different and an option they may not have thought of? It is great for letting the bunsters have a good run around during winter too.

Great idea :D
What did you use for the access to the outside? Is it an adapted cat flap?

Back