• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

help needed on introducing the food

elve

Banned
I use little plastic cat food dishes so they can chuck them around - you could always just put the pellets on the floor and let them hoover them up?

When I got my girls they'd been fed on museli type mix at the rescue, but she forgot to give me a bag, so I had to put them straight onto science selective - I just gave them a teaspoon of it each at first, morning and evening, till they were used to it - they don't really need many pellets at all so long as they have fresh hay twice a day and eat it.

As yours are already used to eating the A&P as a snack, just stop the excel and put the A&P on the floor - that will break their habit of 'the bowl has excel in' - and they will probably eat it as it's a new routine - then you can reintroduce a dish in a few weeks if you want to, but I prefer to put it on the floor as they don't have to shove each other out of the way to eat then - less likely to fight over it :)

how in the world has my answer got to the top of the thread above your query? :shock: Well butter my lips with a spoon! - I've not seen that happen before! :lol:

ok, right now im in the process of changing from excel to A&P

its not that the buns dont like it, they wont eat it!
if i hand feed it to them, or give then A&P in the house, they will eat it no prob. they just wont touch it when its in their bowl!
they'll siphon through the bowl looking for the excel pellets, tip over the CERAMIC bowl just to get the pellets that are at the bottom.

am i doing it right?
every day i keep adding 200g of A&P in the 2kg sack of excel.

:shock::shock:

wth has happened!! :lol:

i think i will give that a go :D thanks alot!
it wont upset thier tummies will it if i stop giving them excel?
theyve been introduced to A&P for a week now

Back